Facebook App on Nexus 7

Budfrog23

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Had my Nexus 7 for a few weeks now and am really pleased that I picked this tablet for it's size/speed/capacity(32Gb).

One issue that I have noticed is that the Facebook App tends to freeze the unit every now and again ... if I wait a while (5 to 10mins) it unlocks itself and I sometimes get the message that the Facebook App is not responding. I wouldn't mind if it were an App that I used occasionally but it is not ... has anyone else experienced similar?

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had to wait on it (or maybe just haven't), but it along with this app (android forums) leave a lot to be desired IMO. But being new to android, I still have a lot to learn. I too am really pleased with the nexus 7. I saw it as the point to finally jump in to the whole smart phone/tablet thing. Having owned pocket PC,s and the like back in the day, I thought the phones were too small (too small for PC's n too big for a phone) and the tablets were too big. Only problem is that now I find myself a lot of the time having to use the reading glasses I use for tiny soldering jobs n such. Hopefully all the apps like this one will incorporate some sort of pinch to zoom in the near future....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys updated to the new Facebook app, released just a few days ago? It is SO much improved over the POS that FB has been on Android.

The old app was so bad that I switched to an aftermarket FB app (which also sucked, but in different ways). The new FB app is lighting fast, buttery smooth, and is finally as good (or better) than the Windoze app...

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys updated to the new Facebook app, released just a few days ago? It is SO much improved over the POS that FB has been on Android.

The old app was so bad that I switched to an aftermarket FB app (which also sucked, but in different ways). The new FB app is lighting fast, buttery smooth, and is finally as good (or better) than the Windoze app...

Link to it...

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes it is amazing! The UI is much better and along with an amazingly fast tablet that we have it is flawless thus far. No freezes for me.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The update is a nice improvement. I haven't had the issues you describe, but if after you update the app, the issue persists, you should try to uninstall and reinstall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
easwrftjukumar3r