facebook messenger app notification banner

swendlandt

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 that did the Nougat OS software update yesterday. Ever since then every time I have an incoming message from facebook messenger a drop down notification banner comes across the screen of my phone showing everyone who looks who the message is from. Prior to the update I had it set that all I would have show up is the messenger icon on the upper left of my screen along with a noise or vibration. I have not changed the settings they are set as they were before the update. Is there a way to make the banner stop? I have tried changing the settings to "show silently" but then there is not a nose or vibration to let me know of the incoming message. I have been to Verizon for help.......they are at a loss as well.

Thank you in advance

Sue

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this is a Nougat thing. All notifications come in 'heads up' form, and while you could individually change that per app, now that option is gone :( You can either allow the notification to come through or not, but you can no longer have just LED or notification bar notifications. There might be 3rd party apps out there that disable heads up notifications, but I think they require root.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4