FACEBOOK UPDATE!!!

theaustins513

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Can someone without sense let me know what the setting to 'sync contacts' changes?

Does having Sense change the way Facebook would sync contacts with this new update? The reason I'm asking is because this update does not sync the contact photos with my Incredibles contacts and it doesn't take you to the contacts profile when you click the shortcut from within the people app.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Notifications have always opened thru the browser. I also find it annoying.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know. That's why I use the native app for most things, and then have Bloo installed for notifications (which actually show up in the notification bar and take me to the Bloo app). Bloo doesn't do a lot of things right, but at least it works for several things the native app lacks.

friguy3#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I wish they had more notifications too in the top bar. Gee, like when someone writes on your wall.

I agree, seems like they keep updating or changing things but basics facebook is to have ALL the notifications integrated. Is it that difficult? Seriously come on, seems so easy to catch up to the iphone app and BB notifications, which were incredible. instant. wow i miss that

Smoke N Crack

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
when will syncing work to our calendars???

i have tried like 3 different ways to try and integrate Facebook events and birthdays to sync with my calendars but still nothing works... anyone have any ideas?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I like the integration with the contacts and Account and Sync, as this definitely provides a somewhat more complete Facebook-experience than FriendStream. So, I might do some testing and turn FriendStream off in favor of this.

EDIT: I've done some testing, and it seems it won't sync with contacts after all. I've picked existing contacts only, as I don't want 150+ people in my contacts list, but when I press Link to Facebook in a profile, it opens the FriendStream Facebook (Facebook for HTC Sense) and asks me to log in. Aaarrrgh.

EDIT2: Aaaaaand now FriendStream tells me I have no friends. Oh wow.

EDIT3: Just did it all over from the start, and FriendStream managed to find the old links to the contacts so I didn't have to do that all over again. Set FriendStream to sync contacts only, and Facebook 1.3.0 to handle the rest. I really wish they'd introduce more widget styles like FriendStream though. I'd like a widget that fills 4x8 squares on the home screen, instead of the tiny little thing they've got now.

Last edited:

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I got this last night and I am still disappointed in it. Notifications are still broken and when go into the app to check them they take you to the mobile site. Back to Bloo 1.5 for me :/

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I got this last night and I am still disappointed in it. Notifications are still broken and when go into the app to check them they take you to the mobile site. Back to Bloo 1.5 for me :/

Yeah, I'm still using Bloo for notifications, chat and a couple other minor things, but the app for everything else. Bloo has way too many things wrong with it for me to use exclusively. Basically I just let it run in the background for chat and notifications. Maybe Bloo Too will fix some of its issues.

Really the combination of the native app, Bloo 1.5 and the touch site is necessary right now. Would love to get that down to only 2 apps.

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I like the integration with the contacts and Account and Sync, as this definitely provides a somewhat more complete Facebook-experience than FriendStream. So, I might do some testing and turn FriendStream off in favor of this.

EDIT: I've done some testing, and it seems it won't sync with contacts after all. I've picked existing contacts only, as I don't want 150+ people in my contacts list, but when I press Link to Facebook in a profile, it opens the FriendStream Facebook (Facebook for HTC Sense) and asks me to log in. Aaarrrgh.

EDIT2: Aaaaaand now FriendStream tells me I have no friends. Oh wow.

EDIT3: Just did it all over from the start, and FriendStream managed to find the old links to the contacts so I didn't have to do that all over again. Set FriendStream to sync contacts only, and Facebook 1.3.0 to handle the rest. I really wish they'd introduce more widget styles like FriendStream though. I'd like a widget that fills 4x8 squares on the home screen, instead of the tiny little thing they've got now.

I'm having a problem with my Droid X. It won't even allow me to sync the contacts! I have the option to, but once I hit it and go back one screen, it isn't selected anymore! Weird.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it perfect? No... Is it a tremendous improvement over the original? Hell to the yes...

I don't care what iPhone's have that I don't... All I care about is that some developers are making strides to improve on products and not just release it and let it be... If you want to play the "They have this" game, then we have scrolling pics on the bottom... They don't... We have widgets available to quickly check statuses and such from our home screen, they don't...

I understand communicating issues you have with the app and even passing along things you'd like to see in future updates... But complaining about an app in which you don't pay anything for over and over is just absurd... ::Steps off soapbox::

Soooo.... Yeah, I like it! :)

guruffl

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I try to play video files in facebook they give an error, "sorry, this video cannot be played" This is with videos that friends post, as well posted youtube videos. anyone else? please check on this and post... HTC EVO with Sense 2.2

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
When I try to play video files in facebook they give an error, "sorry, this video cannot be played" This is with videos that friends post, as well posted youtube videos. anyone else? please check on this and post... HTC EVO with Sense 2.2

Just clicked on a YouTube video and it asked me what to open it up in (since I don't set a default) and it played fine if I opened it in a browser, but if I opened it in the YouTube player, I got a "Sorry, this video cannot be played. This video is not available on mobile"" message.

Tried it from Bloo and got the same message (not surprisingly, since it's still the YouTube player)

That's annoying.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
It looks like Facebook has taken over this project. Before it was not developed by Facebook itself. Their contact information is now a Facebook address and on it's Facebook page the "this app is not developed by Facebook" is now gone! Looks like we should be getting full support sooner or later!

Login | Facebook

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje