FACEBOOK UPDATE!!!

drclayton

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
ok so i have not been able to get my contacts profile pictures to be updated by sense. So can all that be updated with the new facebook...with the contacts i have linked?

efar76

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
is anyone else having issues with their friends list within the update? Every time I try to go into "Friends", it gives me a Sorry! force close error... I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times on my (and my wife's) Incredibles with no luck...

filly444

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to remove my 900 FB contacts, how would I do that? I only want FB data with my existing contacts. Tried the option in settings but it didn't work

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to remove my 900 FB contacts, how would I do that? I only want FB data with my existing contacts. Tried the option in settings but it didn't work

If you log out of Facebook, it should remove all the contacts and user related info from your phone. Then log back in and don't sync all contacts, only sync the existing contacts.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble with that function. It seems like it just doesn't want to work.

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I went into My Accounts and "remove" the FB account. Doing so doesn't actually delete the account, but rather, it logs your phone out of FB connectivity. It also removes all the contacts that came from FB. There's still an entry in My Accounts to log back into FB.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled it this morning, I think it is a step forward but that the m.facebook.com is still the way to go for me, faster and more reliable. I can live without notifications. IMO it just adds to battery drain.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I nearly had a heart attack when I got a Facebook notification for an event before the e-mail notification even came through. Before the update, I got them usually hours later.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
is anyone else having issues with their friends list within the update? Every time I try to go into "Friends", it gives me a Sorry! force close error... I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times on my (and my wife's) Incredibles with no luck...

I'm having the same problem. I have no clue how to fix it. It doesn't seem like everyone is having this problem, so there has got to be a fix.

filly444

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If you log out of Facebook, it should remove all the contacts and user related info from your phone. Then log back in and don't sync all contacts, only sync the existing contacts.

Tried logging off all facebook accounts with no luck. How would I remove the contacts now that I'm logged off?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
When I try to play video files in facebook they give an error, "sorry, this video cannot be played" This is with videos that friends post, as well posted youtube videos. anyone else? please check on this and post... HTC EVO with Sense 2.2

Just clicked on a YouTube video and it asked me what to open it up in (since I don't set a default) and it played fine if I opened it in a browser, but if I opened it in the YouTube player, I got a "Sorry, this video cannot be played. This video is not available on mobile"" message.

Tried it from Bloo and got the same message (not surprisingly, since it's still the YouTube player)

That's annoying.

Just an update. Rebooted the phone (just power off/on) and they are playing now with the Youtube player. Not sure something got changed or just restarting the phone fixed it.

kid320

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The new version of Facebook is horrible on my ATT Captivate.

Every time it updates my synced contacts, it adds another linked contact to that person.

For example, I have John Smith in my phone and on Facebook. The old version of Facebook for Android automatically linked them, so I had 2 linked contacts under the name "John Smith." One was the phone's contact and the other was Facebook's contact. Now, with the new version, it will link ANOTHER contact to John Smith every time it does a sync update. All of the Facebook friends that are linked to people in my Phone Contacts now have 5... no, wait 6... no... 7 linked contacts. 1 phone and 6 Facebook. I attempted to disable the sync and enable it again (even uninstalled the Facebook App, cleared all of the contacts out of my phone and started from scratch), and I still have this problem.

WTF facebook? If you want to mine my data, at least do it in a way that is functional.

EDIT: Pictures also aren't syncing now, which is the ONLY reason I have that sync enabled anyway. Guess I will have to manually add pictures of people like old times.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Friend list force close

Still having the force close issue with the friends list. I've tried everything I can think of. Reinstall, reboot, battery pull, and finally, unistall update reboot reinstall update reboot, and nothing! I still get the stupid force close. HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Like many are saying, the contact pictures not syncing is my biggest issue at the moment. I'm running FriendStream and this new Facebook app in tandem so that I can get decent FB functionality and synced avatars for my phone's contacts. The new app just won't do it.

gk527

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a Captivate, and I have two different Facebook options when trying to add it to Accounts and Sync. One will do both calendar and contacts with pictures, and the other just does contacts without pictures.

I'll admit, my BlackBerry did a better job than the Android version. Contacts were sync'd with no manual process, I was able to tag photos, and notifications were real-time.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Awake Time since this update? My Up Time used to be significantly higher (12 hrs) than my Awake Time (3 hrs). Today, since I installed the update to FB, there is less than 1 hour between the two. Any ideas on how to fix this?