facebook

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the iPhone still has the hands down best facebook app on the market. i'm really pulling for android to at least get something comparable after being constantly disappointed with the app on the blackberry platform.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
What is the current facebook app on Android like compariable to the iPhone's Facebook app?

Like mentioned above, the Facebook app on the iPhone is top notch. And with the next update bringing push notifications it will be close to perfect. The Android version is pretty much bare bones.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
OK, so am I doing something wrong?

In facebook, under settings, I have it set to 30 minutes for refresh interval.

Every time I go into notifications, I have to manually refresh it to see any new notifications. Does the refresh interval not apply to this part of facebook?

Thanks

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

Every time I go into notifications, I have to manually refresh it to see any new notifications. Does the refresh interval not apply to this part of facebook?

Thanks

me too, i don't know if maybe we're both doing something wrong.

all i know is i want an updated facebook app made by the developers who did the iPhone app.

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Thanks

Same deal. I was getting emails with notifications yet nothing was shown in the notifications part of the FB App until I pressed Refresh...

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Something is wrong with this either server side or with the droid. Was strange how it worked with no problem yesterday. Now I am getting speratic updates and also the widget will not update at all any more. I know others that this just stopped last night yesterday (11/6) so it may be a server thing. I did notice that if you go into settings and uncheck the sync to facebook and then re-check it you will see it sync all over again and then the widget will show the last update but that is it. No more updates after that. I know it can't be another app because mine stopped at 9:30pm last night and I have not installed any other programs since then.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I also got emails from fb before they showed up in the app. They didn't even show up when I hit refresh... Another gripe...is it possible to send a message in the FB app? I couldn't see that option, only the ability to write on someones wall.

OutGolfn#AC

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Only way I found to send someone a message was from the mobile site. I would of thought it would of been in "notifications" or "friends" but I never found anything.

It seems that is one of the most basic functions in facebook too!

deftdrummer

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Now you guys have got me a little worried. I will be an iphone convert next week (droid coming in the mail) and I am alarmed that FB sucks so bad for Android. I use FB on the iphone daily and I find that I can do nearly everything I want to do except for deleting friends from the App itself and editing comments made. I really hope that Droid pushes the developers to create a more consistent experience across platforms, but I guess that's the price you pay to be an early adopter of a new platform. Same thing happened for me with the iphone 2 years ago. Only difference now is that these apps are old news and they need to be top notch before being released on any platform.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the iphone is the only platform with a really nice facebook app. i want to find those devs and send them envelopes of cash with notes asking them to port it over to android.

not much cash mind you, but cash. we are in a recession after all. :p

the touch.facebook site works nicer than the app, but i do really like how well it's integrated into the contacts.

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, I've gotta say, the droid facebook app is not that bad. It's a close 2nd to the iphone one. There is only one problem, you can't see FB mail. The other difference is you can't play all those cute (yuk) little FB games like you can on the iphone one. Also, as far as I can see, you cant do chat. Although, unlike the iphone platform, you can download MULTIPLE items to fix this for you. There are atleast 5 to 6 other FB's and even a chat one.