Facer weather

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
My facer watchfaces have stopped showing weather info. They just show dashes where the weather goes. I have tried disabling /enabling the weather in facer.
Any ideas?

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, if you check this thread, you'll see I had the opposite experience. My manual location stopped working and I got weather working again by enabling location services and removing my manual location. I really wish the dev was more open about what's going on in the back-end because the way stuff works keeps changing without any communication from him. :(

https://plus.google.com/100953725290917595658/posts/3MDqTg2thNF

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I usually just stay away from those watchfaces because yes, I've found weather to be buggy and also because those do drain your battery faster. Especially those with nifty animations.

I only use those when I reaaaally want to show off hehe

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok. It works if I set a manual location, but not if I don't. I don't want a manual location though because I travel a lot.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
On further investigation, manual location seems to work for US locations. However, I'm in canada and I can't get it to work anymore. No idea if my syntax is just wrong (I've tried everything I can think of) or if it's just plain broken for non-US locations. I've found using auto-location not to be 100% reliable either so I think I'm going to start investigating watchmaker instead of facer. Weather does seem to work there and I'm a little sick of the lack of support from the facer dev...time to move on...

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with another watch face app. I ended up fixing it by changing faces, uninstalled then reinstalled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24