Factory reset

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So I just did a factory reset, and I call tell that after 2 month of use it does slow down to a point that you can really tell. It does it gradually so you can't really tell, but after the reset you can really tell. All snapy and fluid. I bet they have to be many reasons for that.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had my N5 for only a month, but I do a cache clear monthly on all my devices. So far I have noticed nothing wrong.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the Golfdriver. No need to factory reset. Booting into recovery and wiping the cache partition should be enough :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Consider changing from Dalvik to ART (Android Run Time) in the Developer Settings. If you don't have the Developer Settings menu, go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times in succession. Then go back to the main Settings menu, and you'll see Developer Settings. Go to that menu, turn on Developer Settings by flipping the switch at the upper right, then tap Select Runtime and pick ART. The phone will reboot, which will take about 10 minutes as all the apps are optimized for ART.

ART changes all apps to pre-compiled code, rather than the "just-in-time" compiling that gets done with traditional Android (which is how Dalvik works). Apps that run pre-compiled generally start and work a little faster.

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I am root and I mess something up so I end up doing a factory reset. I am at work and I don't have my computer here, but that was my plan clear the cache. If you clear cache very often you won't notice the difference, but wait at least 2 month and clear the cache and you would see the difference. I know I did.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I am root and I mess something up so I end up doing a factory reset. I am at work and I don't have my computer here, but that was my plan clear the cache. If you clear cache very often you won't notice the difference, but wait at least 2 month and clear the cache and you would see the difference. I know I did.

You don't need a computer to clear the cache. Just boot into recovery mode :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance