Factory Screen Protector - Remove or Keep?

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been debating whether to keep or remove the factory screen protector. I'm Curious what others have done. If you have removed it, is there an oleophobic coating? any regrets?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any screen protector is better than none. If you can't afford (or don't want to buy) a better protector, keep the factory protector on.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it's about not being able to afford it. Some just love the feeling of ol' natural. I do. LOL

Besides these CURVE displays make it harder.

I gave up too and just throwing money away. They either don't fit well or last where dust builds up. The one I bought for my Samsung Galaxy S10+ didn't last. Now she's naked.

I even tried going with Wallet cases as an alternative to protect the screen but they're a PITA for me to use.

I try to leave the factory installed on as long as possible but once it goes she will be naked too.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Still have the factory protector on. When it shows more wear than I can take I'll remove it. Naked after that. Just don't like the looks of glass protectors on curved screens.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Still have the factory protector on. When it shows more wear than I can take I'll remove it. Naked after that. Just don't like the looks of glass protectors on curved screens.
You could always use cheap plastic protectors. They work (even on curved screens), they actually give the screen a little more shock protection, and they're cheap.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep the factory protector on until it looks really banged up too. This one has picked up more small nicks around the edges in a month plus than previous OP phones I've had, so I suspect I'll rip it off pretty soon. In fact, it's had a couple raised areas/bubbles on one of the curved edges since damn near day one.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a lot of scratches and a kind of ripple-y surface on my phone's screen and thought, OMG this scratches easily.
Seems though there is a factory protector on it. So... yes, definitively necessary but it doesn't really stay nice for long. I mean, I only had it in my pocket. Alone. Nothing else in it. I am still not sure how even the screenprotector coulda get scratched, but ok ...

Zobbyb

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I've found that the screen protectors supplied with one plus phones tend to scratch very easily. not knocking them at all because no one else supplies them. I assume the screen itself is going to be far more resilient to scratches. but I'm not going to risk it. also looking forward to the fun of fitting a new one to the curved screen when the time comes. 🙂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax