Factory screen protector

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I'm afraid to reply for fear of jinxing myself....lol...but I've had my Fold 4 since launch. Everything still in like new condition, including inside screen protector... Curious why you ask? Yours good?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking of returning my S23U and getting the Fold 4 but I’ve read reports of people having trouble with the screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I was thinking of returning my S23U and getting the Fold 4 but I’ve read reports of people having trouble with the screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The inside screen protector can be replaced. If that's the only thing holding you up, I wouldn't consider it an issue. Especially knowing that it's just a film and some people take it off purposely.

I have both the S23U and Fold 4. Two different experiences on both. But, my primary sim is in my Fold.... Well until the Fold 5 comes out....LOL

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The inside screen protector can be replaced. If that's the only thing holding you up, I wouldn't consider it an issue. Especially knowing that it's just a film and some people take it off purposely.

I have both the S23U and Fold 4. Two different experiences on both. But, my primary sim is in my Fold.... Well until the Fold 5 comes out....LOL

Agree here, you can replace them yourself or have ubreakifix replace them for $20 if your by one. You can ship them in also.

For me it would be nice for Samsung to figure something out for the screen protector. It seems around the 6 month point on the screen protectors start doing their thing.

Otherwise the fold 4 is a great phone also.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Although I occasionally hear the clicking noise attributed to protector partially separating when I first unfold the phone, I have seen no visible defects in the protector nor experienced any screen problems. I do have insurance if I need it after warranty expires.

jmartin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
No problems with mine, had since launch. My wife's Flip 4 however bubbled up. We just took it off, I have a Whitestone film for it but don't know if I'll use it.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Screen protector gave up the ghost this week. Same day, my spen cover front frame cracked.

Ordered an S23U. The Fold 4 will be regulated to work duty. S23 to play.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Fold 4 is like day one mint condition inner screen protector or the whole phone lol

I treat foldable device little more carefully than standard phone and don't use it everyday only device.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine is an everyday phone. Used like a $2,000 device should be able to be used. However, this is not an everyday phone. This is a 9-5 device. It's not meant for play.

They being said, the Fold 4 was my first and last foldable device. It's not worth the trade-offs to me. I was always a lover of the Note line until Sammy did away with it and figured I'd try what was billed as its replacement. This is by no means a Note replacement. So, off to the S23 Ultra I go. Z Fold 4 regulated to work duties.

By the way, I removed the inner screen protector this morning, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why it was there in the first place.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
About a month ago I took advantage of the free replacement since mine had a small blemish. Big mistake, the screen saver is now bubbling badly up and down the center of the screen.
It sounds like they didn't put the replacement on properly... you might want to have them redo it, or maybe find a shop with a good reputation that will do it for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC