charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Battery not removable. What a blunder in an otherwise oustanding device.

OK, I'm so convinced I was wrong about this comment that I ordered a 4g lte today.

Last edited:

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
If battery life was an issue, they wouldn't have made the phone that way.

I've played Temple Run for 45 minutes today, which would have normally drained a good 30% of my battery of my EVO 3D. After nine hours of heavy usage, I'm at 57%.

I don't consider it a fail.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
15 hrs 37 min of very heavy use here today and still 37% battery left. I certainly have no need for a removable battery. I can easily get 18 hrs without having to even think about the battery life. I love this phone!

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
you can still do a hard reset that mimics a battery pull right? plus if you need a new battery you can just bring it to sprint and they will do it for you. it really isnt something that i even think about.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Stop whining. It's already been proven to be an easier swap than everyone expected. After two days of 12-14 hour use, I still have 30-35% life left. My 3D would have been on a charger already.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
How easily

To me, it looks pretty enough easy when it becomes necessary in 1 to 3 years (depending on usage)

Who wants to take the device in to have a battery replaced?

The same people that want a thinner, lighter phone with a huge battery capacity.

They all go south eventually. What about replacing with a higher capacity battery? I often drain my 3500 ma/hr battery by evening downloading data on line.

The EVO LTE will EASILY outlast any previous HTC phone with an extended 3.5AH battery. And for the very rare cases you need more life than the Evo LTE can offer, carry an external battery- not a big whoop, and they cost less than an internal battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-5600mAh...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1830238

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-SlimTal...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1830238

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
How easily, Mickey?

Who wants to take the device in to have a battery replaced? They all go south eventually. What about replacing with a higher capacity battery? I often drain my 3500 ma/hr battery by evening downloading data on line.

Then go buy something else. You have choices, and one of them is to not be a troll.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
To me, it looks pretty enough easy when it becomes necessary in 1 to 3 years (depending on usage)

The same people that want a thinner, lighter phone with a huge battery capacity.

The EVO LTE will EASILY outlast any previous HTC phone with an extended 3.5AH battery. And for the very rare cases you need more life than the Evo LTE can offer, carry an external battery- not a big whoop, and they cost less than an internal battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-5600mAh...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1830364

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-SlimTal...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1830364

I have the Anker 5600 and I needed to use it almost every day with my EVO3D. I've not needed to use it even once in the 11 days I've owned my EVO4GLTE. The battery life is just insane!

It's obvious that HTC knew what they were doing when they designed the battery for the EVO4GLTE.

Last edited:

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
OK everyone, I got the message. I just found out about the 4g lte today in an offer from Sprint. I just couldn't believe that they wouldn't make the battery user removable, but you all have convinced me otherwise. Embarassed :(

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK everyone, I got the message. I just found out about the 4g lte today in an offer from Sprint. I just couldn't believe that they wouldn't make the battery user removable, but you all have convinced me otherwise. Embarassed :(

Go ahead and pick one up you will love it and you won't even think about the battery. Well maybe you will think about it...wondering how they made it last so long!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery not removable. What a blunder in an otherwise oustanding device.

Have you even used the phone? Why do you need a removable battery when you can get more than a full day of usage out of it?

Now, if the OG EVO didn't have a removable battery your complaint would be valid, but if you can't live with the battery life of this phone then you're doing it wrong.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My EVO LTE has proven to me that removeable batteries are very overrated.

I'm a pre launch user and I have yet to say "oh snap I need to charge my phone".

I'm averaging about a day and a half between charges on normal use.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My EVO LTE has proven to me that removeable batteries are very overrated.

I'm a pre launch user and I have yet to say "oh snap I need to charge my phone".

I'm averaging about a day and a half between charges on normal use.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

I've never even seen the "your battery is at 15%, connect a charger" message and I've gone over 36 hours at least 3 times.

I guess haters just gotta hate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton