Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read (haven't updated yet, I'm happy with my current setup) you have to reenable the USB mount settings

Settings>USB settings>Ask on connection

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read (haven't updated yet, I'm happy with my current setup) you have to reenable the USB mount settings

Settings>USB settings>Ask on connection

I'm just wondering how many others are not going to upgrade. I'm good on dj05, gps locks fast etc. Just reading here, the probs rerooting, stuff not working etc.

I just don't want to tell myself "why didn't you just stay where you were stupid idiot".

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
manually checking for update,get "service unavailable" :(

Starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my non-rooted, stock phone.
Every time I go into Settings>About Phone>System updates>Check New, It hangs for a second then the InnoPath ActiveCare three-choice screen comes up again. When I choose Status, it says "service unavailable".

My question is this: Is this because there is no update available on my phone or is it because I'm somehow not "hooked in" to whatever would be pushing it through. When I called the Verizon number listed on the Verizon DL09 PDF, the lady had no idea that there even WAS an update.... yeah. Any ideas? Thanks!:p

PromoTheRobot

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Every time I go into Settings>About Phone>System updates>Check New, It hangs for a second then the InnoPath ActiveCare three-choice screen comes up again. When I choose Status, it says "service unavailable".

My question is this: Is this because there is no update available on my phone or is it because I'm somehow not "hooked in" to whatever would be pushing it through. When I called the Verizon number listed on the Verizon DL09 PDF, the lady had no idea that there even WAS an update.... yeah. Any ideas? Thanks!:p

Try shutting off your wifi and use the 3G service to connect. I couldn't get the update until I did that. Downloading it now. Will post on how it works when done.

EDIT: Okay, update done. DL09 installed but not 2.2 Froyo. Still 2.1/update-1 Still no Flash. I feel pretty upset since I bought an Android phone specifically for Flash capability. I should have bought a Motorola phone instead of the Samsung. Feel like VZW lied to me, but what else is new?

PTR

PTR

Last edited:

gizmo

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site

You're not alone. No update available for me either. My gps seems to be working a little better the last month or so. The only real upside to this update that I can see, are the home, etc keys staying lit longer. Between reports of that failing after a bit, along with other reports of bugs, I'm not even sure I still want this update.

gizmo

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
As I was checking for the update this morning for the 100th time in the past week, I happened to scroll down the "about phone" menu and something caught my eye: i500.04 V.DH12. Now, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this means that since I got my phone back in October that dl09 isn't the first update I've missed. Not sure why I didn't look at this before... just assumed I was running latest version prior dl09. (Did I mention I'm a noob?)

To make a long and boring story involving verizon tech support, verizon store location, and roughly 4 hrs...

Verizon is shipping me a new phone tomorrow. Just wanted to share this for anyone out there that might not have been able to get the update yet. There's a possibility that your just never going to get it (the conventional way). If you haven't got it by now, it's probably time to make that brutal, painful, awful, time consuming trip into your local Verizon store.

EddieJ

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm done waiting on this 2.2 update. Samsung makes a good phone but the support is extremely poor. I am planning on ditching my Samsung Fascinate for the new HTC Thunderbolt - Feb 14 release date.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have not received the DL09 update - Memphis, TN area...Even though they sent me texts today about a fix for DL09...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have not received the DL09 update - Memphis, TN area...Even though they sent me texts today about a fix for DL09...

would you like the zip file to apply directly?it is the offical update just needs to be placed on your sdcard ...boot into recovery and select apply sdcard:update.zip

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000