Fast root no computer nor app

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
This is only for the Motorola triumph for some reason every triumph is already half way rooted you just need to command it to fully give you root access

Step 1: Download Android Terminal Emulator
from the market.

Step 2: Open up the Emulator and type in sudo,
you should get the # symbol.

Step 3: Type in the following code:
Code:
ln -s /system/xbin/sudo /system/bin/su
ln -s /system/xbin/sudo /system/xbin/su

Step 4: Reboot and you should have root
access

NOTE: This will not install busybox, so if
you wish to have busybox you will have to
install it from the market or manually. This just
provides you with root access.

THERE YOU GO GUYS:)

Thank: b_randon14 at XDA and ANDROID FORUMS for making this happen

Last edited:

sleepyjeep

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
worked flawlessly thanks a ton~ did have to reload terminal emulator twice, no soft keyboard..other than thatfantastic, i couldnt get gingerbreak to work. running cm 7 no problems whatsoever.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
worked flawlessly thanks a ton~ did have to reload terminal emulator twice, no soft keyboard..other than thatfantastic, i couldnt get gingerbreak to work. running cm 7 no problems whatsoever.

holding the menu key brings up the keyboard in any app accross the entire OS

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Woah really did you not need read the description NO COMPUTOR NOR APP your using and app this is a guide to show you how to instal root through your phone with no app or computer just a commond read before you speak

b_randon14

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
You know I was the one who figured this out. You should really think to credit me as you did not discover this method. Also when I said no app nor computer I mean as in all other root methods you either downloaded a app to root(gingerbreak, z4root etc) or downloaded scripts or a tool on the computer(superoneclick, unrevoked) but on this phone it already had a superuser binary on it and all you had to do was download a terminal emulator of some kind to symlink the sudo binary to a place where root apps will see it(/system/bin/su and /system/xbin/su) and the kernel had a flaw in the ramdisk that kept it system mounted as read/write which allowed you to be able to symlink the sudo binary to su.

Please add credit to me(b_randon14 from SDX, XDA, and AndroidForums)

Reactions: kameleon

@lpha

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
yeah this didnt work for me. it just says "In: Not found"

Am i doing something wrong here? im on android 2.2.2 stock right out of the box

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah this didnt work for me. it just says "In: Not found"

Am i doing something wrong here? im on android 2.2.2 stock right out of the box

Did you type in the code correctly as said? Did you reboot your phone once done??? Try downloading Super User from the android Market and redue the process as said on the thread see if that works.

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be a hater, but you say no app, then your first step is to go to the market and download an app? :confused:

Why not just use gingerbreak?

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be a hater, but you say no app, then your first step is to go to the market and download an app? :confused:

Why not just use gingerbreak?

I understand that,well super user is forced onto your phone when rooting with gingerbreak,being that this is where you can store and save root permissions. Yet you don't need it but it ill be good to have it around once prompted for root access.

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
OK I got a stupid question for you. This is my first root, please don't tell me I don't have any business doing this since I don't know what I am doing but everyone started somewhere right?

I went ahead and downloaded terminal and typed in euro and got the #. Now here is the stupid question do I actually type in code: then on the second line type in the rest or do I not type in code: and just type the two lines? Also do I type in both lines and do I hit enter to type the second line or do I just use the arrow cursed?
Sorry for the dumb question but I want to be sure b4 I do this. I already have a system restore file backed up on my SD and to be safe I have a 2nd SD card with a recovery file on it.

Thanks everyone too I have learned so much on these forums I can't wait to customize the hell out of my phone lol.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OK I got a stupid question for you. This is my first root, please don't tell me I don't have any business doing this since I don't know what I am doing but everyone started somewhere right?

I went ahead and downloaded terminal and typed in euro and got the #. Now here is the stupid question do I actually type in code: then on the second line type in the rest or do I not type in code: and just type the two lines? Also do I type in both lines and do I hit enter to type the second line or do I just use the arrow cursed?
Sorry for the dumb question but I want to be sure b4 I do this. I already have a system restore file backed up on my SD and to be safe I have a 2nd SD card with a recovery file on it.

Thanks everyone too I have learned so much on these forums I can't wait to customize the hell out of my phone lol.

Did you already install Clockworkmod recovery? that is the only way you could possibly haved a backed up system restore, or "nandroid" on the SD card.

if you DO have Clockworkmod installed, just use it to flash a new rom. do NOT worry about rooting the stock rom.

1. root is in the system files, and these come with new roms, so when you flash a rom like CM7 or MIUI, it has root before you boot into it. you DONt need root on the stock rom to flash the new rom.

2. its a pointless step, having root on the stock rom fixes nothing. doesnt improve anything, doesnt change anything. the biggest improvement is to move to a whole new rom. the only time you will need the stock rom is to activate or provision the phone, and you already have it backed up in a "pure" configuration (unrooted) so your set!

just flash the new rom, especially if you have CWM recovery.

thats what I did, I can restore my original rom and boot into an unrooted factory rom that acts fresh out of the box. and still go into a full rooted custom rom. without having to do anything in between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy