Faulty fingerprint scanner. Worse than Tab S6?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Trying to see if the finger print scanner on the Tab S7+ is worse than the Tab S6(which I've had no issues with) or if my unit is just defective. Essentially my finger print scanner is super crappy. Set it up and can barely get it to unlock my tab. Tons of misses. Tried setting up another finger, but it only works about 10% of the time which makes using Samsung Pass a no go on this tablet. Any tips on what I may be doing wrong are appreciated. 20200923_225203.jpeg

TeeZee1000

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Sounds like you might have a defective unit. I have never seen that message on any of my Tabs. I would remove all saved fingerprints and try the print scanning again.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
*Update. After doing the software update it seems to be working fine. Haven't had any fails so far. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now time for me to get adjusted to the size difference coming from the Tab S6 as the S7+ is huge . Thanks again for the help.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
*Update. After doing the software update it seems to be working fine. Haven't had any fails so far. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now time for me to get adjusted to the size difference coming from the Tab S6 as the S7+ is huge . Thanks again for the help.

Speaking of size difference - my tab is set up almost identically to my Note. After plugging the tab in, I grabbed my phone and felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for a millisecond. Creepy going from the huge tab to the "tiny" N20U screen.

Also, I haven't turned on my TV. I stream and have watched everything on my Tab. The screen is magnificent! 👍🏾

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of size difference - my tab is set up almost identically to my Note. After plugging the tab in, I grabbed my phone and felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for a millisecond. Creepy going from the huge tab to the "tiny" N20U screen.

Also, I haven't turned on my TV. I stream and have watched everything on my Tab. The screen is magnificent! ????????????

100% agree. I also have Note20 U set up almost identically. Loving the functionality and portability of the Note, but also LOVING the real estate of the Tab S7+!!

BTW, I just did a few side-by-side comparisons between the S7+ and the S3. When opening an app on the S3, every one of them has a bit of delay, then a little rotating blue circle, then opens. On the S7+, touch the icon for the same app and it is open almost before I can lift my finger. Scrolling across app pages is buttery on the S7+, but pages jerk and jitter on the S3 -- something I had not really noticed before having the S7+ to compare.

Final point, the wifi radio in the S7+ "might" be better. I run Google Fiber 1G internet. I did Speedtest on both and I consistently get download speeds on the S3 in the 170-190 Mbps range, while the S7+ gets 370-450 Mbps download. Upload speeds are essentially the same on both -- 150-170 range. (Those are on the 5gHz wifi net, not the 2.4.)

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You can definitely tell the speaker improvements from the Tab S6 although the S6 has awesome speakers. I guess it will just take me time to adjust to the bigger size screen which has an awesome display.

Also, I haven't turned on my TV. I stream and have watched everything on my Tab. The screen is magnificent!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86