Fingerprint scanner

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who can't get the fingerprint unlock to work on my Tab 57+? I remove and re-register my print and it works fine when testing afterwards. However, after that initial setting and testing I can't get the scanner to work at all. I'm on Android 12 and have no screen protector on my tablet. I've also entered the same print 3 times and initial testing shows that all 3 copies are read, varying from one to another while testing them. That's the ONLY thing I'm unhappy about with this tablet. Often I will opt to use my Note 20 5g phone for business I would rather do on my tablet, because the fingerprint scanner on the phone works flawlessly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it matter which finger you use? Have you tried an unconventional finger like your ring finger? I'm wondering if maybe your index finger or thumb is significantly callused or worn down from work, the sensor might have more problem reading it.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I've tried both index fingers and right thumb with no success other than immediately after registering. I use the left index with my phone without a problem. Really baffling to me.