Fax send/receive

M01684340561220

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
Is there any software available to use my android devices as a fax server. I am not talking about efax or my fax which just ported the desktop application to mobile. Rather consider parallel to connecting a fax machine on a landline phone, which makes a phone number dual purpose to send/receive faxes and voice communication. So instead of obtaining another phone number for fax with efax or my fax etc. I want to be able to use my existing android device phone number for send/receive faxes.
Any idea.

M01684340561220

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
My question is just opposite. Your solution is based on two numbers, a fax number and a mobile number. I am looking for a one number solution. Just by launching an app on my device it should be able to receive or send a fax on the same device. No second number. So same device number for voice and fax, is there such a product available out there.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The modem on the phone would have to be capable of sending a fax - I don't know of any that can. (An app would just send the appropriate AT codes to the modem, but if the modem can't do fax, it wouldn't understand the codes. About the closest are apps that let you send the fax to the app's server, which then sends it by fax. They're not free. [It costs to maintain a fax server.])

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
When I worked at Verizon until 2016 there was no way to do fax over a mobile phone number, a land line was required. Even the home phone replacement we sold couldn't do fax because it connected to the towers rather than a phone line.

Maybe things have changed, but I doubt it.

M01684340561220

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
I agree, sending and receiving can be handled separately, in my mind receiving can be implemented more easily, sending can be done through other options , receiving fax (with out concern to sending) should be achievable with existing devices, just a matter of developing an app. Perhaps,