fb push notifications?

I_Love_My_Evo

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
hi all. i just got my htc evo 4g 2 days ago. and found this site. ive been trying to search around and what not. my only question is for my facebook app. ive been having trouble gettin the facebook push notifications to work. any help? and im using launcher pro. so i have no clue if that makes any difference or not. any help would be great thank you all

I_Love_My_Evo

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
thats what ive been reading. ive tried searching and its been more of a hit and miss for people. some work and some dont. mine worked the first day. but then i switched from the stock launcher to launcher pro. and i dont know if that would change anything but it might have because they stopped working.

flamingpixi

Jan 4, 2011
www.bbrunch.com
it's not your launcher, the fb app isn't the best thing developed for android...i don't think it's as bad as some people say, but it's not the best. I occasionally get notifications - but most if the time I just have to check. I think everything else about the phone rocks...so it doesn't bother me :)

I_Love_My_Evo

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i see i see. well it was just a thought. and yeah i absolutely love this phone its amazing. and im coming from a palm pre like many other people that ive read about on here.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
In my case, I get push notifications for a new friends request and if someone actually sends me a message, not a comment. During chat, while the phone and the screen are on it will also notify you, however, if the screen is off there are no visible or audible alerts, which really sucks in my book.

I never get notifications for comments.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Set up notifications to your email address and sync your email address with your phone. It's not as seamless, but it's one less thing syncing background data, and it accomplishes the same end goal.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i think something better especially if any of you use twitter is just to use tweetdeck you can set it up to get both facebook and twitter updates and you can set how often it checks and everything.. it works perfect for notifications except for new friends request so i would just have the facebook app too.. works for me anyway

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
i think something better especially if any of you use twitter is just to use tweetdeck you can set it up to get both facebook and twitter updates and you can set how often it checks and everything.. it works perfect for notifications except for new friends request so i would just have the facebook app too.. works for me anyway

I to use Tweetdeck and it's awesome for getting notifications for Facebook and Twitter.

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I switched to an HTC Evo from a Palm Pre, and my one and only complaint is about the Facebook notifications. I would ALWAYS get push notifications with my Pre, as soon as a comment was posted, or anything else happened that would merit notification. With my Evo though, I absolutely NEVER get them. Seriously, I haven't ever received a Facebook notification on my Evo. This perturbs me to no end. I don't want to do a jerry-rigged solution such as the solutions suggested by Telperion, MaxO, and Active_Matrix. Those are all workarounds that I do not wish to use. I would just like a 100% working Facebook client, and then I would be completely without complaint about my new phone.

Is this an Evo issue, or is it across all Android devices?

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I agree,it works great for notifications.

Mark_in_Tulsa

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I think FB is the devil, but this is what my friend did.

On facebook he set all notifications to go to a gmail account he made for just FB. And then syned that gmail to his phone. So he gets an email with a link telling him every time he gets a notification, with the Gmail being an instant notification.

Don't know all how well it works for him but he's happy.

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think FB is the devil, but this is what my friend did.

On facebook he set all notifications to go to a gmail account he made for just FB. And then syned that gmail to his phone. So he gets an email with a link telling him every time he gets a notification, with the Gmail being an instant notification.

Don't know all how well it works for him but he's happy.
That was already suggested earlier in the thread. :)

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I switched to an HTC Evo from a Palm Pre, and my one and only complaint is about the Facebook notifications. I would ALWAYS get push notifications with my Pre, as soon as a comment was posted, or anything else happened that would merit notification. With my Evo though, I absolutely NEVER get them. Seriously, I haven't ever received a Facebook notification on my Evo. This perturbs me to no end. I don't want to do a jerry-rigged solution such as the solutions suggested by Telperion, MaxO, and Active_Matrix. Those are all workarounds that I do not wish to use. I would just like a 100% working Facebook client, and then I would be completely without complaint about my new phone.

Is this an Evo issue, or is it across all Android devices?

Same. Funny that the FB version that came stock actually worked. It was very old though so I upgraded to the latest.....then the notifications stopped.

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not saying that email notifications are the best, but if you're already syncing an email account (which the odds are very good that you are), wouldn't you rather have email Facebook notifications than no notifications at all? Something is better than nothing, especially when it's merely an extension of your existing setup and requires no changes to your phone, only your Facebook account.