Fear of Rooting

jmielke929

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Mesmerize that I use but it is my work phone. How safe is rooting a phone? Should I worry about bricking it and having to buy a new one for the company or am i just being paranoid..

Android-Geek

Mar 4, 2011
andgeeks.com
Rooting is FUN

Believe me, when I first rooted my Android device, when I first jailbroke the original iPhone, when I first unlocked a BlackBerry - each time my heart was in my throat. Once I got comfortable with the process however, it all got easier.

Now it is fun to get a new device and break it wide open to see "what else" I can do with it or to it.

Read up on the sticky as suggested above and I am sure you will be fearlessly modding in no time.

Good luck.

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
if its a company phone and they own it I personally recommend you leave it alone. For one reason, it isn't yours. For another I know of several companies that will fire you for rooting/jailbreaking/hacking a phone that belongs to them because it can create a security breach. However if you are confident that your company would not care about it, and that they wouldn't care if you did brick the phone, then I say go for it. However do NOT flash any custom ROMS etc to it. No matter which you get or what they say, they ALL tend to be at least a little buggy. Missed calls or emails due to random reboots or notifications that just don't notify just suck!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree that Evo on this. You shouldn't run into problems by rooting, but it's not worth your job if you think They'll give you problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intellect works