Feeling let down by Samsung on the Note 7?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well now is the perfect time for other phone companies to come out of the closet with their problems. They probably just didn't want to be the first to do it lol

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Am I let down by Samsung? Not in the slightest. As another posting said, even with the best testing procedures a bad batch can get through. There was a relatively small number of bad batteries, I believe it was like 1/10 of 1 percent or about 2,500 out of 2.5 million. But Samsung, once it was discovered, did not consider that to be acceptable and issued a recall advising everyone to stop using the device. They did this because they were unable to determine which phones the bad batch went into. This is being responsible. Could this all been handled better? Maybe, but we are not the ones making that decision. The company did what they thought was best at the time. It was swift and correct action in my opinion.
Now playing the armchair quarterback, I think one way to deal with this would have been to do something to make the replacements different, like maybe increasing the RAM to 6GB and/or Storage to say 128GB. Rebrand it the Note 7C. This way anyone with a Note 7 with 4GB would stand out when it came time to sell it. Would also been nice jester to their loyal customers.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
That's right, here in the U.S. there are 300 million guns, you have a better chance of getting hit by a bullet that your phone "exploding" in your purse.

I carry both my Note 5 AND my 1911 Commander in belt holsters. I'm not worried at all about either of them going off inadvertently.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be.. It has happened a lot to many different OEMs.... Mad as hello... I don't blame you..

This should make you feel a little bit better...

https://www.cnet.com/news/nokia-recalls-cell-phone-batteries/#ftag=amp

I hope for all of the people who bought one of these you get things squared away really soon....

That makes me feel worse. Nokia has disappeared. The whole thing has tarnished my opinion of Samsung. Every time I look at my note I just get restless/annoyed. I haven't returned mine yet. I just feel let down I guess. I was so pumped about this phone even thought it was $1k. I'm sad.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Stop with the let down and mad ****. Since the recall started I have ran my note 7 though paces. I turn it in tomorrow. Still no malfunctions. No scratches. No cracked screen. It's an amazing phone and I have no problem waiting for my replacement. Even if I have to deal with a second for 2 weeks.

I've used mine since too. You have to admit that it tarnished your opinion of the phone/Samsung to some degree. Or maybe you just don't care about having to through the hassle. I just find myself not trusting them as a manufacturer as much now. I mean this is something that I have in my hands or in my pocket all day.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I feel bad for the people that are being inconvenienced by this mess. Samsung is in business to sell products. Most of the time they win and sometimes they lose, that is part of being in business. I feel they are taking this problem seriously and doing what they can to satisfy their customers.

I am still Pro-Samsung

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not let down. I applaud Samsung for trying to take care of the situation as quickly as they could. Stuff like this usually takes months to solve. I do feel bad for people who don't have an extra phone to use until the new notes come out. Yeah some stores are offering loaners, but not everyone wants to deal with the stipulations that go with getting a loaner.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not let down at all. I know you have some people here who are like "OMG it could have exploded". But looking at the number that did compared to how many were manufactured, I wasn't worried that mine was about to explode imminently. Samsung did the right thing and recalled all of them even though it's highly unlikely that they all would have eventually blown up. And you also got the people who say, oh I'll never pre-order again. That's cool, now I'll be able to get my free gifts for pre-ordering even quicker. I mean all you had to do was send the phone back. I don't see what's so difficult about that. Maybe I'm just weird though. I always keep a backup phone. Had an s7e and s6e here at the house so I just swapped back to my S7E. No harm, no foul.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Welcome aboard my friend. I'm ready to jump ship this Friday is something does not break soon.

Hear, hear. Samsung is offering us a $25 discount to stay on board? After the inconvenience and doubts they've caused. It sure doesn't look to me that they're as sorry as their CEO said today on video. Cut me a real bargain, and I might not jump to the IPhone 7+. $25 is an insult.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hear, hear. Samsung is offering us a $25 discount to stay on board? After the inconvenience and doubts they've caused. It sure doesn't look to me that they're as sorry as their CEO said today on video. Cut me a real bargain, and I might not jump to the IPhone 7+. $25 is an insult.

What kinda freebies are you looking for? Did your phone explode in your house, car or hands?

Cause those are the ones I'd hope Samsung takes good care of.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
They did provide a refund if you turned in your defective n7 and got a loaner at no charge while waiting on the replacement

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
This whole thread is littered with people that are so self-entitled that oh my gosh the world coming to an end because I have to exchange my phone what about me give me free stuff not the price off its ridiculous

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Expect replies of how Nokia declined after that and how Samsung will follow the same trend. Lol.

Nokia's problema were much broader, on a immense scale, Nokia's balance sheet was weak (cash reserves for Samsung currently 21 billion), and their business portfolio was not remotely comparable to Samsung diversification.

Samsung will be fine

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't feel let down Samsung will recover from this. I do think though they jumped the gun to get their great device launched before Apple. Historically Samsung's launch has always been after Apple.
This probably caused the lack of safety inspection. Just my opinion.
Am sure this has been a lesson well learned. I am not making accusations.
I am a very long time Samsung consumer and will continue my loyalty.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel let down Samsung will recover from this. I do think though they jumped the gun to get their great device launched before Apple. Historically Samsung's launch has always been after Apple.
This probably caused the lack of safety inspection. Just my opinion.
Am sure this has been a lesson well learned. I am not making accusations.
I am a very long time Samsung consumer and will continue my loyalty.
I feel the same way. I am switching to the V20 due to all this but it's not because I wrote off Samsung.. It's just with all this going on and it being a close release I'd like to try LG again. It's been awhile and I like to try a lot of phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali