files disapearing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you placing the file there? What app are you using? What directory are you putting it in? Have you looked for the file using MyFiles or some other 3rd party file manager app like ES File Explorer?

speedspeed

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
hi
I put it there same like I allways did on my s3
but instead of on the memory card I put it now in device storage
just in the main directory
yes I open my files and its there
then later on the day or next day its disappeared
I now put him inside a folder in device storage, and there it don't disappear
but I like it in my main directory

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't quite understand. So you're putting the files in the Internal Storage, and they're still disappearing?

By main directory, do you mean the root directory? Or is it /storage/sdcard0/? In general, I would suggest storing your files in a dedicated folder, perhaps called "My Documents."

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not on my Note 3. I currently have 8 files there, and they've been there for a long time (some for over a year, like my medication list). You have some app in your phone that's deleting them, cleaning "junk files" or something like that - and it considers files in the root of the "internal SD card" to be junk. If you're using any kind of cleaning app, uninstall it. (There's not one of them that can do something you can't easily do by hand, and most of them do something that should never be done in Android - delete apps from RAM.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz