Finally Froyo!!!!!

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that lately I have been a kind of unhappy that the Fascinate phone I bought back in December still didn't have Froyo! So I started looking at the threads and different posts on how to root my phone. I have never rooted a phone before and the prospect of messing things up is a little scary. I still may root the phone since I would really like to see how much better the phone would be without the bloatware that is loaded on this thing. Anyway I just happened to go in to see exactly what version of software I was on, when I did a check for updates! And low and behold FROYO! Yes Fricking FROYO was there waiting to be updated! It is downloading as I write this, but as soon I it loads and I get a chance to check it out I will report back!

FINALLY!!!!!

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It has been out for about two weeks now. Also the dev community have gotten the source and released a community ROM built off this release called Kangbang.

:)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that lately I have been a kind of unhappy that the Fascinate phone I bought back in December still didn't have Froyo! So I started looking at the threads and different posts on how to root my phone. I have never rooted a phone before and the prospect of messing things up is a little scary. I still may root the phone since I would really like to see how much better the phone would be without the bloatware that is loaded on this thing. Anyway I just happened to go in to see exactly what version of software I was on, when I did a check for updates! And low and behold FROYO! Yes Fricking FROYO was there waiting to be updated! It is downloading as I write this, but as soon I it loads and I get a chance to check it out I will report back!

FINALLY!!!!!

congrats. Play with it for a few weeks. If you like it, if your happy with it, stick with it. Don't fix what isnt broken. If there are things you hate, crap you wish just wasnt there, feels laggy. Pick the forum back up and read the stickies on changing roms and rooting. Ask questions, dumb or otherwise. then do it.

Remember, read the stickies...stickies are your friend...love the stickies...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia