Finding SIM Contacts & Device Activation Issues in Galaxy Note5

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, My name is Sohel. Right from the Start,I am totally unable to find & save any Contacts on the SIM-card in My Sam-sung Galaxy Note5. In the Contacts Section, there is not even an option of SIM,It seems the Phone does not even recognize the SIM.I have already tried out the Export/Import Functions but they did not help also.

I have another Issue,It concerns My Phones Hands-free Action.From the beginning, whenever I connect to the Net/WiFi,My phone says"Setting up Your phone for Voice & Data,Please wait,after that It just goes on Automatically & even does 5 Retries.But the real Activation never happens.Now in My Notification Area it shows"Activation not Completed,select to retry the Activation Process

It would be kind & generous of U if U can find a Solution & get Me a way out of this. With Thanks & Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Samsung (and perhaps even Google - I'm not certain) have removed the option to save contacts to SIM cards on phones with more up-to-date operating systems. I'm guessing your Note 5 is on at least Android 7 (Nougat) and that's why you're unable to find these options.

If you've saved contacts to your Google account, they should sync without any effort on your part after you've signed into the phone with this account. Otherwise, you may have lost them.

Regarding the bit about activating voice and data: you may need to update your phone's APN to allow it to connect to your mobile carrier's network. https://www.androidcentral.com/what-apn-and-how-do-i-change-it

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene