Firmware Update Has My LGg2 Frozen

Perry Addison

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Same here, tried everything listed so farand noting is working. LG X Power non removeable battery. Held power down, leeft in bag of rice for a day, still stuck on same firmawre screen, cant even turnoff and the battery is far from dead

Eatmytaco1

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
My hubby has a nexus 5. He turns it off to charge it when it's dying. When he turned it back on it said firmware update do not unplug it was at 0% for idk, hours and hours. So he finally decided, since you can't take out battery on those, to just let the battery die. Then he was able to turn it on. Lesson learned: back up whatever you don't want to lose on your phone! Now I will back all his pics and videos onto a disc or SD and maybe then he'll have enough space for the update.

lynn1897

May 13, 2017
Visit site
So I installed some system update that they sent me last night. When I restarted my phone this morning, it just says "Firmware Update: DO NOT UNPLUG the USB connection until the process is complete." When that screen showed up, my phone wasn't even connected to anything. So, I plugged it in via USB to my Mac, and the screen hasn't changed at all. The meter on the screen still shows 0% of the process is complete. Do I have to plug it in to a PC in order to finish the update?
I had that happen too and it was so scary! I took my battery out and it's fine but I am terrified to hook my phone up to my cpu again.

Kymber081802

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
So I installed some system update that they sent me last night. When I restarted my phone this morning, it just says "Firmware Update: DO NOT UNPLUG the USB connection until the process is complete." When that screen showed up, my phone wasn't even connected to anything. So, I plugged it in via USB to my Mac, and the screen hasn't changed at all. The meter on the screen still shows 0% of the process is complete. Do I have to plug it in to a PC in order to finish the update?
I just tried powering it off and it still wouldnt. Its been like this for 3 hours

Fatima Husain

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
You take out the battery , if your phone is dead put the charger in with battery push on the power button and keep holding it down till it goes to your main screen ...

kpowell2018

May 29, 2018
Visit site
I just got the same message (Firmware Update: DO NOT UNPLUG the USB connection) on my LG Stylo 2V. Like others, it was not updating or anything. I finally had to remove the battery and restart the phone. Problem solved.

Mark clark1966

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
What if you do not have a comp or internet..cause the phone is my internet...i have a lg vizio..i have to dissconect battery to get phone to work but soon as i stop using phone..it goes back to firmware screen

Hayley Gregar

Nov 25, 2018
Visit site
So the firm ware update is on my phone but its stuck at zero percent and i unplugged it even though your not supposed to do I just plug it back in and will it finish the update please help can't live without phone :'( :-! :eek: