First impressions

cth

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting on well with my SW3, I had an SW1 but sold it quickly as I didn't get on with it, I've used a fitbit & a vivofit but thought I'd give the SW3 a go.

Battery life is OK, I've regularly got 2 full days from it with just a handful of days where it's dropped sub 5%, there have been days where it's drained faster than normal for no apparent reason but I only charge it overnight if it shows less than 50% at the end of the day. I find it uses 10-12 sat on the nightstand doing nothing so I've been putting it into airplane mode overnight which drops overnight drain to 4-5%.

Theatre mode is handy on meetings when you don't want it lighting up in the middle of a projector presentation.

The strap has come undone a few times when running as the class catches on my short pockets, I've stopped using those shorts to solve the problem!

Charging is fiddly but gets easier with practice.

Opening the Android Wear app using nfc against the phone is a nice touch, I'd love to be able to do other things with nfc, like turning WeMo's on etc.

IFTTT adds some nice touches, warning me to allow time to scrape the car in the morning & other tweaks.

I've used a few watch faces but tried the new Specialized one this morning which will be a keeper I'm sure, wind, temperature & rain prediction, plus sunrise & sunset info. All quite handy for a cyclist & runner.

cth

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I updated to 5.0.1 at the weekend, currently sat at 25 hours since I took it off charge & the battery shows 77% remaining, the update seems to have more than doubled battery life!!

cth

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I currently use neither so hard to advise, I'm at the end of day 3 & on 21% remaining so really happy with battery life post 5.0.1 update.

seanoj

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have gone on a couple long runs (greater than two hours) with the Bluetooth going (wireless headphones) and GPS tracking on. I find with 5.0.1 I use around 10% battery per hour where I was burning through nearly twice that on 4.4W.

The 5.0.1 sample size is small, however, so I can't be sure the usage difference is not a product of GPS reception (ran in different places each time).

I don't think you could get a full 12 hours using both GPS and BT, but you can certainly get at least half that.

Posted via the Android Central App