First unboxing photos

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Arrived about 45 mins ago. The blue is even lovelier in person. Kind of a baby blue. Feels so good in the hand and the screen is gorgeous.

96747503953624513315c534262cf18b.jpg

a308b047a7496fea6c5414e5c67bf472.jpg

175584e1a9da648a98874dee499f12cc.jpg

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Nice!! Have Fun. I think there will be some new Kitty pictures showing up here soon!
I also hope to see Kizzy's kitties! My sister took in a stray (who had kittens) and she's a beautiful tuxedo.

Besides having a shiny new toy, my fave part of this is the pictures thread. I often go back to the S23U thread as people are still posting pics there.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I also hope to see Kizzy's kitties! My sister took in a stray (who had kittens) and she's a beautiful tuxedo.

Besides having a shiny new toy, my fave part of this is the pictures thread. I often go back to the S23U thread as people are still posting pics there.

Awww that was so good of her!! That cat must be so happy with its new life.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It is super smooth and very fast compared to my 6 Pro. The cameras take beautiful photos even with moving animals. Not tried video. Still setting it up. Logging into apps. Taken me all day with doing other things in between. Several apps are not working. So far has been Keeplink, Funky Pigeon, Battery Monitor by RHO software. Sunbird did transfer over so still getting my iMessages on my Pixel.

The screen is beautiful. Very crystal clear and bright. Phone calls are clearer than on my 6 Pro.

Nice weight. Much lighter than my iPhone 12 Pro Max but maybe a little heavier than my 6 Pro. Feels like a nice substantial phone. The quality feels premium. The Matt back feels gorgeous. Speakers are decent loudness. Not played music yet.

Overall it is a joy to use. Been waiting for an upgrade for a year and this definitely feels like an upgrade to my 6 Pro. Absolutely.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It is super smooth and very fast compared to my 6 Pro. The cameras take beautiful photos even with moving animals. Not tried video. Still setting it up. Logging into apps. Taken me all day with doing other things in between. Several apps are not working. So far has been Keeplink, Funky Pigeon, Battery Monitor by RHO software. Sunbird did transfer over so still getting my iMessages on my Pixel.

The screen is beautiful. Very crystal clear and bright. Phone calls are clearer than on my 6 Pro.

Nice weight. Much lighter than my iPhone 12 Pro Max but maybe a little heavier than my 6 Pro. Feels like a nice substantial phone. The quality feels premium. The Matt back feels gorgeous. Speakers are decent loudness. Not played music yet.

Overall it is a joy to use. Been waiting for an upgrade for a year and this definitely feels like an upgrade to my 6 Pro. Absolutely.
That's awesome!
I'm so glad to hear all of the positives as I'm also upgrading from 6 pro to 8 pro.
Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Nice! Have you had a chance to set up face unlock? Does that seem fast/accurate?
Have set it up. It kept failing on biometric verification and I have set it up 3 times so far. It does fall back to fingerprint. I always have issues with face unlock and I don't know why. Had issues with Pixel 4XL as well. When it does work it is fast.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Have set it up. It kept failing on biometric verification and I have set it up 3 times so far. It does fall back to fingerprint. I always have issues with face unlock and I don't know why. Had issues with Pixel 4XL as well. When it does work it is fast.
Sorry to hear. Actually I loved the 4xl's face unlock...it worked amazingly well for me. Hopefully at least the fingerprint unlock works well for you.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Well that's one lucky little tuxedo. Such a nice thing for your Sister to do.
😄
I enjoy the picture threads also. They always bring a smile to my face. We need as many smiles as we can get these days...

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Have you had a chance to set up face unlock? Does that seem fast/accurate?
I've seen mine up, so far it seems meh, but honestly think that is me. Like you said later, it worked well on my 4xl, but I haven't used it in so long I'm no longer used to how to hold my phone. That's is currently my biggest issue I believe.

I did use my phone is a completely dark room, with only light coming from a tv, and the phone told me there was not enough light. But as far as me realistic used, we'll find out tomorrow.

Reactions: Kizzy Catwoman