Fitbit Flex / Galaxy s4

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, was considering buying my wife a fitbit flex for mother's day. Heard that the S4 (which we have preordered for VZW) has a step counter / etc. built in. Wondering how that will compare to the Flex? Does S-health integrate with other 3rd party apps at all? Is it a waste to buy a Flex if we can just use the built in pedometer?

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used the step counter on the S4, but almost every fitness app out there has one built in. They are universally terrible. I think the fitbit flex would be great. Fitbit does a great job of allowing other programs to access the data from the fitbit and in taking in data from other apps. The fitbit app can grab data from run tracking apps like endomondo, for example. I think the biggest advantage to the fitbit is that the data can be shared with some of the better dieting apps to create a really well rounded fitness regime.

shinseitx

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got myself a Fitbit. The phone is too big to carry around comfortably and safely all the time. I just wished the Fitbit could link to SHealth to track my steps; or that there was a Fitbit widget. There is the app but I'd prefer to not have to click through to something.

FWIW read reviews on the Fitbit Flex. Many ppl are unhappy with them -- it tracks arm waving & clapping, is hard to clasp, etc. Fitbit one has it's own issues-- jumping on a trampoline logs steps Nothing's perfect!

Angel Rosado

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Was considering getting the fitbit myself and was holding out for the S-health app but im intrigued to see what comes out of this post...as it may determine if I get one or the other

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Love the Flex. Best thing for me is the sleep monitor. Be aware that the Flex doesn't sync with the S4 via Bluetooth at this time. I'm sure they'll fix it. The Bluetooth synchs perfectly with my wife's S3.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Love the Flex. Best thing for me is the sleep monitor. Be aware that the Flex doesn't sync with the S4 via Bluetooth at this time. I'm sure they'll fix it. The Bluetooth synchs perfectly with my wife's S3.

I understand that's been updated now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes it has been updated to support the S4. I have the flex to and really like it the sleep monitor has shown how poorly I do sleep, it does however register to many steps when just moving your arm but other product do the same. I have also tried the Nike fuel band and IMO the flex is much more accurate and overall better. The fitbit app is nice and very easy to use. I would recommend the flex to anyone looking for steps/miles tracker.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes it has been updated to support the S4. I have the flex to and really like it the sleep monitor has shown how poorly I do sleep, it does however register to many steps when just moving your arm but other product do the same. I have also tried the Nike fuel band and IMO the flex is much more accurate and overall better. The fitbit app is nice and very easy to use. I would recommend the flex to anyone looking for steps/miles tracker.

I ordered my wife a FitBit Zip ... any reason that the flex would work with the S4 but not the Zip?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by the Zip, but for syncing I believe it will only work with the S3 and S4 I know it won't sync with my DNA or Nexus. It does come with a little USB bluetooth syncing plugin and i just have that connected to my laptop and it syncs whenever I'm close by.

smartiekins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the s4 mini will sync with Fitbit devices? I love my Fitbit, but currently sync via PC, and I'd love to Sync via phone. I'm due upgrade soon, but the normal s3, or s4 are just too big for my little hands

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder