Fitness app?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I had a Fitness Tracking app on my LG G4 that came with the phone. It automatically tracked each day's distance/calories and logged them to see what I did each day, could also be brought up as a stand alone event to start and stop for walking, running or biking. Is the Google Fit Activity Tracking a good version of this? I don't have a Smart Watch and just want basic stuff that has an easy to use interface.
Thanks!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a Fitness Tracking app on my LG G4 that came with the phone. It automatically tracked each day's distance/calories and logged them to see what I did each day, could also be brought up as a stand alone event to start and stop for walking, running or biking. Is the Google Fit Activity Tracking a good version of this? I don't have a Smart Watch and just want basic stuff that has an easy to use interface.
Thanks!
Yup works exactly as you described the LG G4 app.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks!
Yes, it works very similar to what was on the G4.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys! Do I have to turn it on or does it run in the background automatically? The LG was always on, even after phone restarts and Close All Apps.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It will be on automatically as long as you open it once. Pretty sure you have to grant it permissions first time though could be wrong.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It will be on automatically as long as you open it once. Pretty sure you have to grant it permissions first time though could be wrong.
Good point! Android 12 is very stingy with permissions, which I guess is a good thing, right?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
MyFitnessPal is good for tracking food and caloric intake. If you have a fitness tracker, Garmin, Fitbit, etc they have their own apps which are good.