Flash rom on mac/osx

Caexis

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Im looking for videos/threads or any info on flashing using a mac.
I have ox 10.6.5 and an att Captivate 2.1 which I rooted using the one click method.
I'd like to put cognition on.
Ive only found Windows info, including drivers/sdk/odin and other stuff that doesnt apply to macs.
I just want to find a step by step that actually uses mac so that I know what Im supposed to be doing.
Ive tried searches with 'mac' but they excludes the word 'mac'. Ive searched google and xda and have found nothing that matches my situation.
Can anyone please help point me in the right direction?

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
In order to flash back to Stock, which is a good idea beween ROMS especially when switching between ROMS based on different "official" builds, you're going to want to use Odin One Click. Sadly samsung hasn't released Odin for Mac, and it doesn't work in a Windows VM session such as Parallels or VM Ware Fusion. You'll need either a Windows PC or a Bootcamp partition on your Mac.

I have bootcamp and it works fine.

Since you're on stock all you need to do is install Rom manager form the market and then flash Cognition using it.

Caexis

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So, should I still try to follow the videos demonstrating the flashing on windows? or are those obsolete?
What would I use for backing up? Do you know all of the differences btwn the mac/windows way? Like what I dont need and do need...

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
The ONLY thing you need windows for is to flash to stock. Since you are already stock you can skip that step. What you need to pay attention to is the instructions for installing ROM Manager and then flashing cognition via clockwork recovery. Before flashing any ROM I'd get familiar with how to use the Android SDK in general and ADB specifically, this information can be very helpful if you run into a problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myicc