Flashing ROM issue?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So in simpler terms, the cd command will basically tell command prompt where to look for that file, eliminating the need to specify its exact location?

Posted via the Android Central App
No cd stands for change directory, you still need to tell it what directory
The easiest way is to find the folder that contains adb/fastboot hold the shift key down on your PC right click the folder and choose run command from here. And if you put the file you want to push in the adb folder all you need to do is tell it where to push it to. Very easy with a little practice

adb push rom.zip storage/sdcard0/ = internal sd

adb push rom.zip storage/sdcard1/ = external sd

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
What OS are you running?

Windows xp and my computer suucks. So slow and laggy making all of this that much more frustrating. but I do have a friend coming over tomorrow to install Windows 7. And what is that program?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Windows xp and my computer suucks. So slow and laggy making all of this that much more frustrating. but I do have a friend coming over tomorrow to install Windows 7. And what is that program?

adb and fastboot its all you need, you dont need the whole sdk

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Still having problems with it not sending the file. I don't understand why.

What exactly are you trying to send/flash and what are the exact cmd's you are typing and are you using the zip i posted and extract the folder from the zip?

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
What exactly are you trying to send/flash and what are the exact cmd's you are typing and are you using the zip i posted and extract the folder from the zip?

I tried installing the firmware NEXUS provided me earlier in the thread. I also tried following the guide he provided (minus the change carrier ID step, I did NOT change that at any point). I also found a guide to flash stock Verizon RUU. That also didn't work. I'm currently trying the exact file and procedure in this article: http://www.droidviews.com/restore-verizon-htc-one-m8-to-stock-rom-with-ruu/ I made sure I have all preparations and I'm using the exact same commands.

And no on the files you provided, I already have adb/fastboot and all that installed. Or did you provide something different?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
RUU M8_VZW files (s-off only) | Verizon HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum
I tried installing the firmware NEXUS provided me earlier in the thread. I also tried following the guide he provided (minus the change carrier ID step, I did NOT change that at any point). I also found a guide to flash stock Verizon RUU. That also didn't work. I'm currently trying the exact file and procedure in this article: Restore Verizon HTC One M8 to Stock ROM with RUU I made sure I have all preparations and I'm using the exact same commands.

And no on the files you provided, I already have adb/fastboot and all that installed. Or did you provide something different?

So do you want to flash the firmware or the whole RUU? By naming the zip 0P6BIMG and put it on the root of the external sdcard. When you boot into the bootloader it will parse the zip and ask if you want to update. Do you have a working OS on it now?
If you are still having troubles PM me and we can get together on Hangouts and i can walk you through it

Take A Look

Last edited:

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
RUU M8_VZW files (s-off only) | Verizon HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum

So do you want to flash the firmware or the whole RUU? By naming the zip 0P6BIMG and put it on the root of the external sdcard. When you boot into the bootloader it will parse the zip and ask if you want to update. Do you have a working OS on it now?
If you are still having troubles PM me and we can get together on Hangouts and i can walk you through it

Take A Look

Im trying to flash the RUU so I can go back to complete stock. If we could get together on hangouts or something that'd be great! I plan to get a small external SD card tomorrow, but for the time being, the file I'm trying to push is on my PC.

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
The one I had broke, so I've been using internal storage as a backup until I get one, which I will do. Is there no way to get it to work via PC?