Flickering on the Phone Screen since Android Pie

paulwilko10

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

I updated to Pie yesterday but now when i make or recieve a call, the screen flickers

I have tried different themes with no luck and it seems to be the only screen it happens on

Any idea please, im on S9+

Thanks

paul

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

I updated to Pie yesterday but now when i make or recieve a call, the screen flickers

I have tried different themes with no luck and it seems to be the only screen it happens on

Any idea please, im on S9+

Thanks

paul
What happens if you cover the proximity sensor?

bobert727

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 9+ as well and the same issue. Not using a theme. Screen flickers when a call is received but stops once I answer it. Almost like to get your attention....

Same flicker when I make a call and its ringing on the other end. Once they answer the flickering stops

Haven't found a way to stop it.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Try with vibrations off.
Try with protective case off.
Any other form of feedback or notification, too.
Reset phone app notifications and preferences.
Do you have blinking notification light?
Edge notifications for calls?

bobert727

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Vibration off
case off
any other off
blinking off
edge notification off

What exactly do you mean by "Reset phone app notifications and preferences"?

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing and also with the stock email app. Just wait until the next update it will get resolved. If this turns out to be the only issue with an entire OS update I would be happy.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Change animation settings in developer options. Change animation duration scale to .5. I had same issue and this fixed it for me.

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for the solution. I have note 9 and Googled and found this solution.

You can leave first two at 0X. It's "animator duration scale" that needs to be at least .5X to stop the flicker.

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
This helped with mine. Thank God for this thread. The flickering was driving me absolutely mad!

SOLVED for Note 9 with Pie update:
The solution for the Note 9 is not quite as noted above - there are no animation settings in the developer settings area, instead you'll find it here:
Settings --> Advanced Features, turn on (make blue) the slider for "Reduce Animations".

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore