Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I went by Best Buy today to check one of these out. When I did, first off, it wasn't working. I think they had the wrong charger on it and it wouldn't maintain enough of a charge to power up after it's initial set up. So I didn't get to play around with it. But, one thing I did check out, was it's feel and build quality.

At first, I was impressed by it's thinness and it's weight for such a sizable screen. After looking at it and feeling it though, it felt like it may have been a little TOO thin and flimsy. The one that was on display even looked like it may have warped just a little. The 10.1 felt a little sturdier but the 12.2 feels like it would fold pretty easily.

Anyone else feel this way? Do the folks here that HAVE them feel like they feel flimsy?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have owned my 12.2 since last Thursday, and have not experienced what you're describing. I also own the Note 10.1 2014, which uses an identical design language, and both tablets have shown to be sturdy, durable, stylish, and balanced in weight very well.

Since the 12.2 is obviously a larger footprint it requires the use of two hands, but holding it has in no way given me any impression other than quality.

I can't speak to your experience, but my personal experience has been very good.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. This tablet feels quite solid and durable. The demo unit has probably gone through some abnormal abuse during its short life.

Banefire

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it feels very durable. I have been playing with mine since I got it on Thursday and really feeling good about buying it. First tablet that I have not had second thoughts or buy's remorse with.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting for the 12.2 and just got a chance to go into Best Buy last night and after playing round with it for several minutes I walked out and on my Note 2 went to Amazon and placed me order. I should have it tomorrow morning by 8am. I'm so looking forward to it.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just received mine a few hours ago and by no means does it feel flimsy. Haven't really had much time to play with it. It came with about a 30% charge and it's just over 50% now, very slow to charge. Hoping this is just for the first time. I am a little disappointed that it has a proprietary charging cable. That's my biggest issue with Apple.

I will get a lot of time to enjoy it this weekend and get to know KitKat as well.

I will wait a few days before reporting back so as not to keep adding, deleting or complaining about something that I haven't found yet.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just received mine a few hours ago and by no means does it feel flimsy. Haven't really had much time to play with it. It came with about a 30% charge and it's just over 50% now, very slow to charge. Hoping this is just for the first time. I am a little disappointed that it has a proprietary charging cable. That's my biggest issue with Apple.

I will get a lot of time to enjoy it this weekend and get to know KitKat as well.

I will wait a few days before reporting back so as not to keep adding, deleting or complaining about something that I haven't found yet.

It's a slow charger for sure but you can use many different cords to charge it! You don't have to charge it with the dual pronged cord that it came with just stick a basic Samsung cord into the larger hole on the tablet and charge it like that.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Glad you guys don't think it's flimsy. Who knows what's happened to the one on display. It just felt like, due to the size to thickness ratio, it may have been a little easier to flex and bend then the 10.1. Someone may have come in and torqued it intentionally and warped it and that's why it wasn't working to begin with. I'm kind of trying to decide between the 12.2 and the 10.1. I also have looked at the Wacom Companion Cintiq Hybrid because I'm a designer/illustrator and that's what I'm looking for a tablet to do, be a portable illustration station. Wacom CCH kind of does double duty but it's a LOT more expensive. I would LOVE to have full access to Adobe Creative Cloud software but they aren't really supporting Android at all. Nothing quite hits EXACTLY what I want and I'm just trying to weigh all the options and build quality is DEFINITELY important.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to charge it with the dual pronged cord that it came with just stick a basic Samsung cord into the larger hole on the tablet and charge it like that.

I didn't know that! You've just saved me from buying a spare cable. I have loads of the normal micro usb ones lying around.

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a slow charger for sure but you can use many different cords to charge it! You don't have to charge it with the dual pronged cord that it came with just stick a basic Samsung cord into the larger hole on the tablet and charge it like that.

Thank you. What is the smaller side for?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Mobile Nations mobile app

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know that! You've just saved me from buying a spare cable. I have loads of the normal micro usb ones lying around.

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

Glad to be of assistance.

Thank you. What is the smaller side for?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Mobile Nations mobile app

The smaller side is used along with the larger side to give you the ability to connect to USB 3.0 devices or even your computer's USB port. I purchased this cable off ebay to allow me to use a small USB 3.0 Hub that I can plug a keyboard, mouse, and portable hard drive into.New Micro USB 3 0 OTG Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12 2 SM P905 P900 Tablet | eBay

hoosier_mac

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I understand why you would say that. I think it is because it is so wide and long, yet so thin. When you're holding it in two hands, it just feels like you should be able to twist it between your two hands and break it. And I'm sure if you tried, it would be easier to break than the 10.1 because you essentially have longer lever/moment arms due to the size of the 12.2. I've had mine since the first day it came out and it is quite solid and well built IMHO.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582