Flip case

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I got a new cover for my S4 it's a flip case but I can't get the screen to lock when I flip it closed. Does it only work with the S View case? If not how do I turn this feature on?

Posted via Android Central App

krauster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If you just got a cheap one, not the Samsung one, I don't think it is going to work.

I have a cheap one that I got on amazon for about $10 and even though it doesn't automatically shut the screen off I am very happy with it because I never have to worry about scratching the screen in my pocket, and have I dropped the phone on hard surfaces that might have broken the screen but because it is basically protected all six sides it never gets damaged.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My case isn't a Samsung one so it probably won't lock when I close it. I heard there was an app that can do it so might download that.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If the case has magnets in, it should work. Bodyglove work for sure. It is a setting in Lockscreen if I remember correctly.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
No the case doesn't have magnets in. What is Bodyglove?

Was thinking about downloading an app so it locks & unlocks the screen but dunno which one.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I found out if I have the AUTOMATIC UNLOCK box checked a magnet passes over the screen about 1" below the top will turn the S4 ON! This is how the flip cases work. They probably have a small magnet in the cover. If you use a case with a magnetic closure it can trigger your phone ON if this box is checked! I use a belt case that has magnets in the cover to lock it down but I do not have a problem if I turn the phone facing inward.

If you are having battery life problems you might want to check this out!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded an app called smart cover & it seems to work. All I wanted was just a simple app that would just lock my screen when I close my case then turn the screen on when I open it. It did cost 86p but that's nothing.

I don't have battery life problems but I do occasionally thanks to Kitkat or apps using a lot of battery making my phone run hot.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded an app called smart cover & it seems to work. All I wanted was just a simple app that would just lock my screen when I close my case then turn the screen on when I open it. It did cost 86p but that's nothing.

I don't have battery life problems but I do occasionally thanks to Kitkat or apps using a lot of battery making my phone run hot.

And there in lies the attraction of Android. Glad you got it sorted!

Spikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz