Folder Hierarchy in Gallery App

crmango

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found a definitive answer as to whether folder hierarchy is

1. Present in Gallery App, just not obvious
2. Not present in Gallery App but present in 3rd party apps
3. Not possible in Android or any other Linux based operating system

I'm talking about a system of organization like computers have with folders and sub-folders that can be used natively on the phone. I use Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. but these aren't native and eventually run out of space. I've seen someone suggest Folder Gallery, but that doesn't come up as an option in a search of Play Store. If the answer is that it's not possible, then I'll just keep using my phone as a staging area for photos and videos, only to be organized later when I transfer them to my Windows laptop, because the Gallery App 'Albums' doesn't cut it. You can't put Albums within Albums. I'm using a Note 5 running Android 7.0.

Last edited:

crmango

May 1, 2013
Visit site
OK, thanks- the description in the link you provided does mention nested albums. It is $4.99. So why do you think Gallery App doesn't support it? It would seem then that number 2 answer in my post is the correct one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess it's because nested albums are not in high demand. As you can tell, it's not a very common feature.

Also keep in mind that many gallery apps create "virtual" albums that are not based on physical directories on the phone's storage. The hierarchy is therefore only visible in that gallery app, not in the file manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non