For Note 5 users, do you guys keep the auto brightness on/off?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Auto brightness off. The Note 5 has the clearest, cleanest, most precise resolution screen that's more bright than any other phone I've ever used.

One of the main reasons I selected the Note 5.

Kudos to Samsung!

Kunal Barchha

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I don't keep auto-brightness on because I feel that is like giving unnecessary stress to the display panel.
Yes, I do keep power saving mode while I am traveling, because I don't trust my Samsung's battery !

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It varies.

With auto brightness turned on in sunlight it will boost the brightness by about 30% more than is possible manually. It's awesome and extremely bright. Try it sometime, make sure the sun is hitting the sensor.

But, in dim places it's annoyingly dim. So, I sometimes have it on, sometimes have it off. But if I'm going outside then I turn it on.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have my brightness level set where I want it. So I do use the auto brightness when driving. I use a wireless charging mount in the car and just turn on the auto setting while driving. This prevent a blinding bright screen at night and in the early morning. Just before getting out of the car I turn it off.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just leave it on, because if I do it manually and forget it's not on auto, then I pull out my phone to do something quickly, it's really annoying to have to adjust the brightness, especially when it's at like 10-15% and I am going from dim to bright environment. I don't know, maybe I just need to learn to have more patience.

However, on the T-Mobile app, when I do a device health check, it shws auto brightness as being the preferred way for battery life.

5714ae9fd3712882563c32b97ff312e0.jpg

The green to the left means that's currently on the preferred option.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
When I leave my brightness low, I get MAYBE 4 hours of SOT. When I leave it on auto, I get 5 hours+ so I'm leaving auto on from now on

Posted via the Android Central App

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep mine off, setting the brightness as I need it depending on ambient lighting conditions. One of the things I love is that in the dark, the Note 5 is much dimmer than my S4 was.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Never used auto bright option always on max brightness. Why bother using this phone at its potential at all times otherwise. Still getting about 12 hrs of battery life most days 6 months later.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The only time I activate auto brightness is when I am out at night after dark. At home, I turn it off. I Keep it just above halfway between the completely dim and halfway point. I would rather get an hour less of usage and be able to enjoy the amazing screen quality. It's the best screen out of any phone I have now.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep it off and adjust manually.

I use Power saving all the time. I usually get 4.5 hours of screen on time with it, without it 3.5 hours. That's continous use since I'm home most of the day.

randyltodd

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I only use auto outside in the sun. It would be cool if you could set the BASE brightness with the slider and then set auto and it would work off of that base based on ambient light. So you could make it a little brighter, or dimmer, your preference, even with auto on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali