For those who upgraded from the Fold 3 to the 4...

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
... What are your feelings?

Regret your decision?

Glad/pleased with your decision?

Meh about your decision?

If you could roll back time, would you do it again?

Most every review says, "nope, not worth it."

However, AT&T is currently running a deal that would make my monthly payment $10/month less, but it would cost me $300 to upgrade early.

In the first year of ownership, subtracting the $120 savings over the course of the year, it would really only cost me $180 out of pocket.

Thoughts, opinions, etc?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't go back to the fold 3 unless it's for a back up, the upgrades to the fold 4 were good for me, the battery is better, the little wider front screen is nicer, and the displays on the screens are amazing.

I don't regret upgrading to the fold 4. I don't want to trash the fold 3, it's a good phone also. Just for me it was worth the upgrade. The upgrades look minimal on paper, but in reality the upgrades are good upgrades. Also, the camera got a major bump from the fold 3. My point and shoot pictures are coming out great.

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I could never go back to the fold 3. The upgrades to the fold 4 are major the battery life is way better and the front screen being 3mm wider gives a totally different and improved experience. Let’s no forget the improved software. This is imo a much better phone and worth the purchase.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
... What are your feelings?

Regret your decision?

Glad/pleased with your decision?

Meh about your decision?

If you could roll back time, would you do it again?

Most every review says, "nope, not worth it."

However, AT&T is currently running a deal that would make my monthly payment $10/month less, but it would cost me $300 to upgrade early.

In the first year of ownership, subtracting the $120 savings over the course of the year, it would really only cost me $180 out of pocket.

Thoughts, opinions, etc?

The 3mm increase in front cover screen makes a huge difference and the cameras are vastly improved. If those two things are important to you then I would say yes, go for it. I read some reviews that say it's not worth upgrading, but I can't tell you how much more enjoyable the front screen is now and I can actually type on it when I can't open the phone.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Overall, I have no regret upgrading from ZF3. Front screen is much better and battery definitely huge improvement. My SOT is definitely huge improvement where I can go 7-8 hours.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If you can upgrade for cheap, IMHO, it is worth it.

The front screen does seem easier to type on. Battery is a little better for me too. I haven't done enough with the cameras to comment, but that alone might be enough for some.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can get the Fold 4 by trading in my Fold 3 on my business account for 600.00 , 1200.00 they will give me for Fold 3 thats tempting if i use my personal account only 900 for Fold 3.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I say without a doubt upgrade to the Z4.. I don't own the phone but just by comparing it to the Z3 I think it's a nice upgrade and those small things make a difference IMO

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Correction to my OP... I forgot about tax, duh.

I'd have to pay $425 up front; $300 to upgrade early and $125 in taxes.

So that $10/month, $120 for the first year, essentially negates the taxes... so it would still cost me $300 to upgrade.

One can say that if I kept the phone for 2 years, then the outlay would be $180... the odds of that happening aren't great, lol.

So... in your opinions is this upgrade from a Fold 3 worth $300?

My feelings say, yes, my practical, logical side says, no, lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Correction to my OP... I forgot about tax, duh.

I'd have to pay $425 up front; $300 to upgrade early and $125 in taxes.

So that $10/month, $120 for the first year, essentially negates the taxes... so it would still cost me $300 to upgrade.

One can say that if I kept the phone for 2 years, then the outlay would be $180... the odds of that happening aren't great, lol.

So... in your opinions is this upgrade from a Fold 3 worth $300?

My feelings say, yes, my practical, logical side says, no, lol.

Lol, this is the practical versus the wanting. For me it's worth it. If you aren't strapped for money and can afford the $300 then I say do it. I think you will see the little things are really big things when you have it. I would pay $300 to not have a camera on the inside screen. That would be a huge improvement for me

In the end whichever phone you have will be a great phone.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Lol, this is the practical versus the wanting. For me it's worth it. If you aren't strapped for money and can afford the $300 then I say do it. I think you will see the little things are really big things when you have it. I would pay $300 to not have a camera on the inside screen. That would be a huge improvement for me

In the end whichever phone you have will be a great phone.

Definitely not strapped for money, it's more of a question of whether or not this is a hill that I want to die on, lol.

I love my wife more than life itself, but she makes Scrooge look like a big time spender, lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Definitely not strapped for money, it's more of a question of whether or not this is a hill that I want to die on, lol.

I love my wife more than life itself, but she makes Scrooge look like a big time spender, lol.
Well now that you tell me that, this sounds like a challenge. Get it without the wife knowing what it cost, lol.

My wife's dad gave me a suggestion when I buy a gun and to avoid the wife headache. He said just slip the gun into the gun safe and she will never know. They don't know a gun from another gun. Same applies here.. She won't know one fold from another. This sounds like a challenge now.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Well now that you tell me that, this sounds like a challenge. Get it without the wife knowing what it cost, lol.

My wife's dad gave me a suggestion when I buy a gun and to avoid the wife headache. He said just slip the gun into the gun safe and she will never know. They don't know a gun from another gun. Same applies here.. She won't know one fold from another. This sounds like a challenge now.

Tried that years ago when I got my S9+... she handles the bills and checking account balancing... I'm still traumatized from her (over)reaction when she found out, lol.

I'm probably going to go for it, it should only take a few months to heal, lol.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site

LMAO!! That's a good one.

My wife gets her hair done every other month. Needless to say, it isn't cheap....So we made a deal. I don't comment on her bi-monthly hair dos, and she doesn't comment on my new phones every 6-12 months.....win win situation....

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Tried that years ago when I got my S9+... she handles the bills and checking account balancing... I'm still traumatized from her (over)reaction when she found out, lol.

I'm probably going to go for it, it should only take a few months to heal, lol.
It definitely gets interesting when she handles the bills and checking account. I have had to get creative. I wrote a check to the gun store one time thinking she wouldn't know. I found out a day later they can click on that check online and see the check and where it went to, oops.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
LMAO!! That's a good one.

My wife gets her hair done every other month. Needless to say, it isn't cheap....So we made a deal. I don't comment on her bi-monthly hair dos, and she doesn't comment on my new phones every 6-12 months.....win win situation....

OMG... I can't believe that I never thought of that!!!

My wife is the same. She gets her hair cut/styled/colored about 4x year... and you're right, it ain't cheap.

I shave my head so no real expenses there for me.

I wonder if I have the guts to go down that path...

Thank you.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

My wife is the same. She gets her hair cut/styled/colored about 4x year... and you're right, it ain't cheap.

Thank you.
You have to have the guts to go down that path.

One trick I've learned. When you pay for gas, groceries, get cash back and save the money for those phone, gun purchases in the future

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site

Thank you.
........ Do it bro! Color and cut ain't no joke....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance