For those with 32GB Pixel/Pixel Xl is it enough?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
So for those of you who have a 32GB Pixel/Pixel XL are you OK on storage? I have a galaxy S7 edge right now and I am thinking about a Pixel XL in the next month or so and I am debating between the 32 and 128GB phone. My S7 edge is a 32GB phone and I am using 27.8GB on that but that is mostly pics/videos which I can put on the cloud and don't really need access to them all the time anyway. The 128GB phone would be way too much space I would never come close to using it plus the availability issue with them. I'm thinking of going 32GB this time around d and hope for a 64GB on the next pixel.

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the 32GB phone. I stream all my music so no music storage is needed. My storage is all apps or pics/videos.

just buy a Sandisk 128gb MicroSDXC and you instantly get
128gb of extra storage capacity... I can even put all Netflix
offline videos on the MicroSDXC card..

I got the card for only $19 when it was on sale at the
local Best Buy.

(just being sarcastic... apparently my Pixel XL doesn't
have a MicroSD slot... so I put the card inside my S7 edge) :)

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you really want removable storage it does support OTG and if all you're doing is streaming movies that means the phone probably isn't moving.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
when I buy myself a Ferrari, I'm not going to install a tow hitch so I can carry stuff home from Costco....
The Pixel with 128 is hardly incapable of holding a normal volume of data for the vast majority of users. Obviously if you're not in that category then it's the wrong primary device. 10 months a year my motorcycle is my primary form of transportation... I don't take it grocery shopping or to pick up lumber because it's not the right tool for specialized jobs. No one is buying Ferraris to go to the grocery.

But I think this analogy missed the point. Because if you were trying to bulk purchase data, the 128 GB Pixel is great for that job - but it sounds like some people want to carry everything they own all the time, like living in and constantly traveling in a motor home. I'm sure we'd all agree that gypsies such as that with both phones and vehicles are extremely rare.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
The Pixel with 128 is hardly incapable of holding a normal volume of data for the vast majority of users. Obviously if you're not in that category then it's the wrong primary device. 10 months a year my motorcycle is my primary form of transportation... I don't take it grocery shopping or to pick up lumber because it's not the right tool for specialized jobs. No one is buying Ferraris to go to the grocery.

But I think this analogy missed the point. Because if you were trying to bulk purchase data, the 128 GB Pixel is great for that job - but it sounds like some people want to carry everything they own all the time, like living in and constantly traveling in a motor home. I'm sure we'd all agree that gypsies such as that with both phones and vehicles are extremely rare.

I have since moved on to two 256gb MicroSDXC cards.... 128gb just didnt' cut it for video/audio/photo hoarders like me. :)

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac