Foxfi on ICS?

elev8ormd

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
My machine is the Razr Maxx. I received the update 2 days ago and FoxFi works GREAT and was pretty snappy, speed wise. Very happy with this app!

elev8ormd

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
My machine is the Razr Maxx. I received the update 2 days ago and FoxFi works GREAT and was pretty snappy, speed wise. Very happy with this app!

ihot

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
when you search for FOXFI app, you will see FOXFI telling you to rename your WIFI connection after upgrade to ICEcream. That worked for me.

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I updated to ICS a few days ago. Foxfi would not start/activate the hotspot. I tried renaming the device under Foxfi and restarting the phone = No luck. I was not about to activate the mobile hotspot with Verizon.

I did uninstall and then reinstall Foxfi. That did work. Now can utilize the hotspot without any issues. Happy :D camper......

Once I got the hotspot to activate, when I tried to connect the laptop to it, it required a troubleshoot to get it to connect and actually allow access to the internet, but it resolved quickly. I just told it to analyze and it fixed it on the fly.

wmayo44

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, ok on ICS and FoxFi here.
But, has anyone been able to get the bluetooth option to work? It works with my Samsung Charge, but it fails with the Maxx. I think bluetooth is "safer." As I posted elsewhere on this board, I know of three people who have been "zapped" by Verizon, and two on AT&T over this app (even with the proxy trick). Be careful.

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Can't get it to work with my laptop. Win 7 x64. Has nothing to do with ICS as my wife was still on GB and it wouldn't work with her phone either. Tried letting it troubleshoot it on its own but that didn't work either.

Helron

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Foxfi on ICS? Fails on razr

Well I just got the ICS update this morning. I went to use Foxfi tonite and at first it started the tethering but my computer said something about the settings not being right. So I changed the name of the hotspot and then it said that my wifi failed on my phone and to please use bluetooth instead. So I restarted my phone and tried to connect and it said and it caused my razor to restart and the screen has been stuck on the droid red eye.

UPDATE: I held the power and volume down button and restarted my phone again then tried to do foxfi again and it restarted my phone again and is stuck on the eye again. I will be uninstalling till there is a fix. Hope it is soon.

Great app! Family loves it, but I am having issues with my Moto Razr since ICS. Foxfi only runs after a reboot. Case closed. UGH! If Razr has a fresh boot, FOXFI works well.
If it runs for a while, and disconnects, (accidently or for a reason), a fresh boot is required to restart FOXFI.
Error message received: Foxfi fails, use Bluetooth.
I go to Bluetooth and that fails, too.
I stop all Foxfi services, try to connect still fails.
So, both options fail unless I reboot phone. This does not happen with other members of my family. Any ideas?

Also, prior to ICS I was able to us Razr native/stock Bluetooth to connect my phone's 4g data to my Ipad3. Now, that fails too, as does FOXFI..
Family users (older droids) Samsung, all report good results.
Am I doing something wrong? I don't think so, and so many others on the boards are having similar issues.
I've notified Foxfi but have not yet received any response.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli