Free 16 GB N5?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
If the N5 was free off contract I would consider getting it. I probably wouldn't end up getting it, but I would consider it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If the N5 was free off contract I would consider getting it. I probably wouldn't end up getting it, but I would consider it.

Free off contract means they're literally giving it away. Why wouldn't you get it?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys... Yes, T-Mobile's payment plans are a contract. However, it's a contract for a specified dollar amount instead of a length of time.
When people say "No contracts" they mean in the traditional sense or as you're saying it, amount of time. With T-Mo it's just until you pay it off, or if you bought it outright it's non-existent

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you but it up front or finish paying it off early, you aren't on ANY kind of contract

Same with any other carrier. If you buy your phone for full price your not on contract. If you pay what remains of your ETF (the cost to buy out of your contract) you can switch to prepaid and be off contract. There is nothing wrong with T-Mobiles plans, I'm actually a fan. I just think it is disingenuous to claim that they are no contact plans when they are encouraging you to buy phones on a payment plan.

Posted via Android Central App

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone understands up front they're referring to a service contract, and that the financing of the phone is a separate matter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app