Free Battery! Nexus only

Seauxcrazy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
This is wtf I'm doing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You got a lot of little wakes showing also, rogue app possibly?

Also, what was your screen-on time during those 3 hours? To me, that seems to be the main reason on most battery related issues. 1-2 hrs is all I usually get of screen time.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You got a lot of little wakes showing also, rogue app possibly?

Also, what was your screen-on time during those 3 hours? To me, that seems to be the main reason on most battery related issues. 1-2 hrs is all I usually get of screen time.

I do keep brightness on Max. But regardless I did it with my stock battery . I guess I will have to wait and see what's going on.

anon(685280)

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got my battery and Sprint battery door today. Called *2 two days ago, awesome service! Very impressed with how Sprint's customer service has improved. Talked to a few different folks in the process of ordering and all were friendly and helpful.

Thanks Sprint. Keep this up!

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
i just got my spring gnex about 4 weeks ago. battery life has been a little disappointing, then i stumbled on this thread.
when i called sprint about it, they didnt know what i was talking about and got transfered to a different department who took care of me.
i got the battery for free, just had to pay the shipping and taxes on it.
kinda sucks that sprint isnt sending out a email or text notifiying customers of the offer, but thank god for android central!

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
kinda sucks that sprint isnt sending out a email or text notifiying customers of the offer, but thank god for android central!

True. But when you log into your account on sprint.com, there is a message from sprint right at the top telling you about this offer.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hmm - that's strange that Sprint didn't send that message out to all current GNex owners. But they have done stranger things :)

Very true.....lol

I kept checking my account but didn't see the message. I wanted it to be there in case they asked but all I did was call sales and asked if they had anymore of the free extended batteries for the GNex and they said yes.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on Tuesday, received Wednesday just paid my bill and was credited $12.95 for the shipping and handling! Sprint did right by me I'm happy! :thumbup::D:thumbup:

Sent from Alexis Nexus

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Got one for me and one for my son. 12.95. Ordered it this morning and it is shipped. I am stoked.
My battery life is up and down. But I am on the road all the time and I have a car charger. Unlike my Epic 4g which was slow charging and would lose power while charging with GPS/Maps, my Gnex charges very fast. So I never have any worries about it dying.

The Gnex will drain the battery, but it charges WAY fast, so it evens it out.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When you can get a battery for free I think any additional help you get with a battery is acceptable this battery does improve the battery life of the Galaxy Nexus and put it on par the Galaxy S 3 an evil 4 G L T E

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Glad this was offered. Was thinking of buying the Verizon battery and dealing with Sprint stock back, or modified Verizon one.
Now don't have to make do, for $12.95 shipping & handling I'll have the correct extended back!

Thank you Sprint!

GranPaSmurf

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not displeased, see attached screenshot.
I use Juice Defender with a not very aggressive profile.
Qx: Is it possible the larger battery gets hotter? Yesterday I had Sprint Telenav on for about 1 hour while hooked up to the car charger. It got so hot that it started to freeze the screen. When I checked the status I had a warning about battery overheated. I use an Otterbox Defender, so it is pretty closed up, but I did the same with the old battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-25-08-39-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-25-08-39-00.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 77

GranPaSmurf

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
yes. The original back has a sort of raised square in the middle, I suppose to keep tension on the battery for stability. The new back is smooth in the middle. Other than that, I cannot see any difference. And it fits in my OtterBox Defender case.

Reactions: dakota.breeden

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
yes. The original back has a sort of raised square in the middle, I suppose to keep tension on the battery for stability. The new back is smooth in the middle. Other than that, I cannot see any difference. And it fits in my OtterBox Defender case.

sweet. i have the commuter and was wondering if it would fit. if the defender does, mine will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank