[Free][Game] Obeebok: 3D Platformer Run (by Seventy One Games)

71Games

Sep 9, 2023
Visit site

Hello Everyone
I'd like to introduce my new game called Obeebok: 3D Platform Run, available on Android. It is a mix of a platformer, a bit of a runner and adventure (save turtles from bad wizards).

- It is a free game with adverts, 60 levels of game play.
- It can be played at 60fps. It can be set to 30/60fps.
- No in-app-purchase.
- There is also a paid version of the game called 'Obeebok Lux: 3D Platformer Run'. It contains no ads, no in-app-purchases, it works offline.
Obeebok Lux is Expert Approved on Google Play Store.

Please give it a go if you can and let me know what's good, bad, what we could improve. Thank you.

Attachments

• obeebok_android_lvl14.png
    obeebok_android_lvl14.png
    546.1 KB · Views: 1
  • obeebok_android_lvl17.png
    obeebok_android_lvl17.png
    528.1 KB · Views: 1
  • obeebok_android_lvl20.png
    obeebok_android_lvl20.png
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 0
  • obeebok_android_lvl37.png
    obeebok_android_lvl37.png
    457.6 KB · Views: 0
  • obeebok_android_lvl16_2.png
    obeebok_android_lvl16_2.png
    632.1 KB · Views: 0
  • obeebok_android_lvl7.png
    obeebok_android_lvl7.png
    932.7 KB · Views: 0

71Games

Sep 9, 2023
Visit site
Hello
I wanted to let you know that our games Obeebok: 3D Platformer Run (free with ads) and Obeebok Lux: 3D Platformer Run (paid no ads) are now available in latest versions. We have improved many things and both versions are available today.

If you like a challenge, if you like to try a bit harder to finish a level this one might be for you.
Give it a go if you can.
Thank you.

Link to free version:
Obeebok: 3D Platformer Run (Android)
Link to paid version:
Obeebok Lux: 3D Platformer Run (Android)

b3nk4n

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Hey!
I game the game a quick try. Some rough feedback from playing it once just for the first time:
- I've seen the game icon on Android has white boarders. From my experience with older games I implemented for Android, this might be because you are not including the images assets as required for modern Android devices (I think it was API 26+ or so). Anyways, maybe it helps that I used https://icon.kitchen/ for my games recently. It's free, and experts the icons so that they work fine on newer Android versions. But there are plenty of other similar websites out there.
- I really like the background video of the main menu. Well done!
- I found the options about FPS counter and 60 FPS mode etc on the first screen a bit too technical and overwhelming for a non-technical user. I would keep them hidden in the settings menu.
- The player in the game is moving a bit slow. I think it would be more fun if the game would be a bit "faster". Especially when jumping over the obstacles, it feels like I'm almost landing at the same spot where I left the ground.

I hope that minor feedback helps a little!

71Games

Sep 9, 2023
Visit site
Hey!
I game the game a quick try. Some rough feedback from playing it once just for the first time:
- I've seen the game icon on Android has white boarders. From my experience with older games I implemented for Android, this might be because you are not including the images assets as required for modern Android devices (I think it was API 26+ or so). Anyways, maybe it helps that I used https://icon.kitchen/ for my games recently. It's free, and experts the icons so that they work fine on newer Android versions. But there are plenty of other similar websites out there.
- I really like the background video of the main menu. Well done!
- I found the options about FPS counter and 60 FPS mode etc on the first screen a bit too technical and overwhelming for a non-technical user. I would keep them hidden in the settings menu.
- The player in the game is moving a bit slow. I think it would be more fun if the game would be a bit "faster". Especially when jumping over the obstacles, it feels like I'm almost landing at the same spot where I left the ground.

I hope that minor feedback helps a little!
Hello b3nk4n
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll definitely take it onboard. It is very useful to hear your comments, so thank you very much for all your comments.

I don't have any modern android devices, only a budget Moto E13. I also test on much older Samsung mobile.
White border on icon. Do you mean on the Android itself where game icon is located. I too noticed it with a white thick border but wasn't sure why it is like that. I'll definitely look into it. The game was made with Unity and I wasn't including different icons to the build, just one default icon. Could it be why white border appears, do you know?
Thank you for taking the time and trying it out. I do appreciate you took the time to write back. Thank you.

b3nk4n

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Hey!

You can a similar example of how the icon looks like (with white border), and how it could look like (filling the whole icon) here:

There are different ways of providing icons in Android. In the past, I think the standard way was to use an icon in `res/drawables`. If I'm not mistaken, nowadays you provide the icon in `res/mipmap-xxxhdpi` folder. And that is looks great in all systems, depending on the launcher icon shape, you need to provide them in different formats. But when you google for "generate android app icon", then these website tools will take care of that for you. And they are typically fully free. Also, I think Android Studio has an Icon Asset generator tool included. But I never really used it so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana