Free RAM After Lollipop Install

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
How much free RAM are you guys seeing on your N5's after the lollipop update?

After a fresh boot, and opening an app or two, my free memory is running between 250-450mb. After I open too many apps, some won't open, or others start closing. Its really annoying, I feel like I am handicapped in using my beloved N5.

Anyone else seeing similar amounts of memory usage?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Using the Settings>Apps>Running menu, I see 764 MB free. Is that what you're using? Don't use a RAM booster app to check your free RAM, because a lot of those apps seem to take up a big chunk of RAM themselves.

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting. When I use Android Assistant to look at RAM, it states 350m. When I go into Settings > Apps > Running, that shows .98gb of free RAM. That's quite the difference!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that happens with many RAM management apps. They generally take up a good amount of RAM themselves. All-in-One Toolbox would often report RAM about 90% full, but when I closed it and checked the system's own reporting, it would be about 60-70% full. Another reason why I don't like to use those kinds of apps.

Johnny Jackson1

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm using micromax unite 2 recently I have upgraded my phone to lollipop version but after that I can't able to download apps like before I'm dying almost please help me

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You don't need to free up RAM memory, you need to free up storage memory.

Install this simple little app called Storage Truth. It's very small and will install in very limited space. It will tell you how much space you actually have left for installing apps:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=sa.storagetruth&token=9cpPORRy

To make space you can: Delete texts or emails. If you really have lots, this can help.
Delete or move photos, videos, documented, etc.
Uninstall app updates.
Uninstall apps.
Clear cache files. However, this will only make space temporarily as cache files will rebuild over time. Also, while clearing cache files won't hurt anything, they're there to speed up operation and should be left alone.

If you can't move stuff to a SD card, move them to your computer or cloud storage.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024