From a S4 to the Z3

Labhras

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
I'm considering moving soon from my old s4. I have to charge it at least once a day if not twice.
I've heard great things about the Z3's battery life.
My typical usage would be a gmail account with push email, using messaging apps (whatsapp, kik, bbm), checking Facebook, twitter and tumblr during the day, and using gps-enabling apps (maps, foursquare, etc), and snapping few pics, other than listening to music.
In your opinion would the smartphone survive a whole day, or would it require the typical lunch break charging?
What about bloatware? I come from samsung, with a phone full of bloatware (like chaton, or samsung for TV, something no-one really uses) - I wanted to know the level of bloatware of the phone and how much space would be taken by that.
I've heard mixed reviews about the screen and back - those who say it's very fragile, that a case is mandatory if one doesn't want to break the glass, and others who have dropped it "naked" without a scratch. It's a single-product issue, or is a slim tough case necessary?

Anything else you feel I should know?
Thanks for the help

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Sony claims a 2-day battery life with the Z3.

I wouldn't be so optimistic, but Sony phones are famous for their amazing standby stamina and the battery is large. It should last a day with no issue.

The Z3 doesn't come with much bloatware, but Sony's content store is sometimes annoying to me.

And I would suggest getting a decent case. Glass backs and concrete don't go well together.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I get two days from my Z3 but my usage is lighter than yours. I don't use many social media apps like Facebook and they hit the battery pretty hard. I'm GUESSING that you will get a full day out of the Z3 but nowhere near 2 days.

Very little bloat wear and I like Sony's skin. You will get a truer Android experience.

I would recommend a case. Because of the glass, the phone can be slippery and is subject to smudges (and drops). In addition to protection, a case will make the phone easier to hold and, if you choose wisely, will not add much bulk.

Hope this helps.

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
The z3 D6616 is a not buy trust me I went through 3 warranty exchanges with t mobile and Verizon is no better stay Samsung s6 if you can I work at t mobile part time as a rep I see customers complain on the z3 I was the Sony rep now the Samsung rep and the Samsung has very few issues Sony has many returns its up to you but Sony is junk a bad flagship phone I dont think t mobile will carry much longer

Posted via the Android Central App via..nexus 6 / Sony Xperia z3

maddiiiiis

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a z3 for about a month now and can confirm 2 days of battery life .

I use it for facebook, whattsapp and some push notifications from other services. So, thumbs up for the z3 battery life.

czaplin

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I traded my G3 for Z3. Same hardware except that 2k crappy display. Whoa, what a difference. I had to charge G3 at least once a day with my usage. Sony lasts a day easy for me. All thanks to 1080 display and stamina mode. I'm at 50% now and almost 3hrs SOT. T-mobile version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhajajajajjdjjf