Front camera disappeared on HTC 1 m9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After doing an OFFICIAL update to Android 6 my front selfie camera software and icon have vanished. The rear camera and the rest of the phone seem perfectly OK. I have tried the usual actions of clearing caches and data and resetting and using safe mode - but nothing has worked. Makes me angry that an official update can delete essential software.

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
Ok, but is that the same interface that you're seeing?

All I now have when I tap the Camera app are Rear camera and Panorama. I have lost Selfie and Raw Camera options which were there when I had Android 5.1. But when I updated to Marshmallow 6 they vanished. A mystery since I updated officially via the phone's software update facility. Thanks.

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
All I now have when I tap the Camera app are Rear camera and Panorama. I have lost Selfie and Raw Camera options which were there when I had Android 5.1. But when I updated to Marshmallow 6 they vanished. A mystery since I updated officially via the phone's software update facility. Thanks.

I meant to add that when I reset the phone it wipes my personal data but KEEPS the updated OS6 rather than restoring the factory 5.1.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I meant to add that when I reset the phone it wipes my personal data but KEEPS the updated OS6 rather than restoring the factory 5.1.

That's normal. You can't roll back a system update by a factory reset.

HTC wouldn't purposely take away the selfie option. There must have been something wrong with the update process. Have you tried contacting HTC support about this?

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
That's normal. You can't roll back a system update by a factory reset.

HTC wouldn't purposely take away the selfie option. There must have been something wrong with the update process. Have you tried contacting HTC support about this?

Oh indeed but they too are equally puzzled. They have offered to TRY and repair it but I would have to pay because it is the HTC1 M9 Plus mainly an Asian model not covered by the European warranty. I have only owned it a month and BITTERLY REGRET updating the OS from the working factory version. It seems I will have to live without the front camera until I buy something new. I have just been very unlucky I think you will agree. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear -- that's always one of the big potential pitfalls of getting a variant not intended for your particular region.:'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp