frustration with apps. . .

brandonpaz

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Alot of the apps I use or want come formatted for the phone resolution rather than the tablet resolution and only take up maybe 3-4 inches on the screen.

Anybody else running into this issue?

Is there a way to search to make sure I am getting honeycomb apps? (I know their is not many yet)

I thought Asus shipped pandora with this tablet? I did not see pandora so I grabbed it fron the market and it is one of the apps, that is not working properly.

Other apps that Failed:

TV.com
Discovery
verizon fios

Youtube (stock that was loaded) froze a few times when watching high quality videos.

Any feedback is welcome!

Brandon

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
Look for an app called "spareparts", there's an option there in regards to compatibility mode. It works great on making apps full screen. Some apps gets all wonky, but I know it works great on TV app. Hope that helps, good luck.

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Not quite the same thing. As an iPad user 12 months ago I had a 2X button to tap on which doubled the size of the app. Yes it lost some resolution but it was very useable. Some of these apps are so small it's funny! I wish the Market would be smart enough to state whether or not it was made for tablets or not.

brandonpaz

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
We are still in early days for apps. iPad users were at the same spot 12 months ago and look at it today.

I know and I realize this is not an ASUS problem but a Google\Android issue.

Just a little frustration, and I know we have alot of great folks out here that might know a solution, so I always pose the questions :)

Brandon

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My biggest frustration is the SiriusXM app will not even install :(

Brandon

The issue with 3.0 is that it is a stop-gap drop and developer know it. Google is not releasing source for it because it kind of a hack. They broke some compatibility to get it out the door. The next version ("I*") will be a lot better supported. Expect something at Google I/O (beginning of May) about the new version.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My biggest frustration is the SiriusXM app will not even install :(

Brandon

The issue with 3.0 is that it is a stop-gap drop and developers know it. Google is not releasing source for it because it kind of a hack. They broke some compatibility to get it out the door. The next version ("I*") will be a lot better supported. Expect something at Google I/O (beginning of May) about the new version.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This is not an android 3.0 issue. The same issue occurs on my Nook Color (CM7), and I have heard many complain about it on the Galaxy Tab. It seems certain apps are not coded well for multiple resolutions.