Full Adhesive Screen Protector without Black sides???

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
IAM using 10$ full glue full cover tempered glass and it's great...touch is same as original screen and u can barely tell there is a screen guard

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I've tried a few, including the zagg,which broke repeatedly during install at the store. Trying the 2 for 14 dollar Amazon one pictured right now. The fit is precise, full adhesive, no loss in sensitivity. Got to see how it holds up.
418a1aeb5aaf6206470a219d4739d3cb.jpg

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Just wondering how did you go with your screen protector? TIA

Hey! It went great. I really love it. I'm on my second one. I stayed with the Whitestone Dome protector. The first one cracked, but did a great job protecting my screen, so I got another one and replaced it. I watched the video while I put it on to make sure I did all the steps right. It's not as hard as it seems. But the results are a protector you can barely tell is there at all. I highly recommend it.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Any tempered glass screen protector that has curved edges with the adhesive already on the glass itself will be subpar to a loca liquid screen protector under the glass. That liquid is what ensures that there is 100% adhesion between screen protector and the phone screen. That is what makes them perfectly black with the screen off and gives them excellent touch sensitivity.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that the screen and the protector have different thermal expansion rates, and if the screen is in summer sun or sub-frreezing weather, something might crack if the entire surface is adhered, especially with curved screens. Which is why the "adhesive only at the sides" technology. Something like a Whitestone, if the adhesive remains on when it dries, is flexile, and is thick enough, prevents that. (Assuming that both the screen and the protector were perfectly annealed during manufacture - which sometimes doesn't happen, hence the "the phone was lying on a table and the screen cracked" complaints we've seen.) Curved screens are one of those "cute idea, but" things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej