G2 spell checker

MOBY66

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
:mad: Phone is ok, but cannot live without a true spell checker... Autofill does not cut it and does not work to boot when the keyboard is deployed. Getting ready to chuck this POS and go back to Windows 7........

Am I missing something or not setup correctly...?

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Imho it was overlooked by google, but using the hardware keyboard and even swype I rarely make any spelling errors.

Is it really reason enough to call the G2 a POS? Not when it shines in every other category. But if you are really having a hard time in that department, maybe Android as it is isn't ready for you yet.

Can anybody think of anything to help these poor spell check people out??

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
The suggestions that 3rd party keyboards such as smart keyboard pro (my favorite) acts as a spell checker for me. don't really need a system level spell checker with this in place. It works when I'm using the hardware keyboard. Should work for most but if you feel it is not enough, then that is your opinion. I doubt google is losing sleep as they are now the number one smartphone os in the world if they miss out on one person jumping ship.

Sent from my HTC Vision

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I use swiftkey, works great. Not like bb, but it's not bad.

:mad: Phone is ok, but cannot live without a true spell checker... Autofill does not cut it and does not work to boot when the keyboard is deployed. Getting ready to chuck this POS and go back to Windows 7........

Am I missing something or not setup correctly...?