G2 to G3?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I really like the form of the G2 with the great display in a minimum bezel form. The G3 looks like it will be fantastic. The quad display will really pop. I hope they can squeeze the 5.5 inch screen into the same or slightly larger form as the G2. They probably HAD to increase the screen size to accommodate the slightly larger battery needed for the QHD display. My wallet will be open as soon as the G3 is released.

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I got the G2 on release day. Would really love the G3. I'm with big red so I would have to switch to t mobile so they would pay my ETF. I live about 45 miles outside of Detroit. Kinda rural /lakes region. Am worried about t mobile 4g coverage in my area. If coverage was good I'd get the G3. Really like my g2, but that g3 sure does seem like it'll be sweet.

Posted via Android Central App

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the G2 on release day. Would really love the G3. I'm with big red so I would have to switch to t mobile so they would pay my ETF. I live about 45 miles outside of Detroit. Kinda rural /lakes region. Am worried about t mobile 4g coverage in my area. If coverage was good I'd get the G3. Really like my g2, but that g3 sure does seem like it'll be sweet.

Switching from Big Red to TMo just for a phone will not be worth it. You have options. You can add another line on Verizon and put the G3 on it. Verizon also has an Edge plan where you can upgrade frequently. My opinion, stay with Big Red and figure out another way to get the G3. Good luck. Post results.

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Since I like the form factor of my G2, I rooted my G2 and installed the cloudy G3 rom...looks and behaves to me like the G3...although I can"t send picture messages I can only receive them, it's strange though because when I make Verizon messages my default messages app I can send and receive picture messages...searching for a fix

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Since I like the form factor of my G2, I rooted my G2 and installed the cloudy G3 rom...looks and behaves to me like the G3...although I can"t send picture messages I can only receive them, it's strange though because when I make Verizon messages my default messages app I can send and receive picture messages...searching for a fix

I have Hangouts handling my SMS and MMS and I can send and receive picture messages. Maybe give that a try!

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am using Hangouts...I love the interface, I like the way I can use a different tone for each contact after I receive a text from them...I am able to send MMS but it is hit or miss on receiving them...I'm not sure why I'm receiving some MMS and not receiving others...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I am using Hangouts...I love the interface, I like the way I can use a different tone for each contact after I receive a text from them...I am able to send MMS but it is hit or miss on receiving them...I'm not sure why I'm receiving some MMS and not receiving others...

Hmmm... Are these messages from iPhone users by chance?

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried resetting your APN settings?

Joey Esquivel

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem and was suggested an app called Chomp that works very well, now if i could figure out how to screenshot

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I could not pass up on the 50% off G3. Couldn't do it. Had to get it. Not that there's anything wrong with either of my G2's, I just can't wait to see how much better they can make it. If the G3 is better than the G2, I'll be done buying phones for a while.

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
No I haven't tried that. I did flash another ROM the Optimus ROM. I just prefer using the stock messaging for SMS and MMS. I am able to send and receive MMS with this ROM using the stock app, but I've noticed that iPhone users don't receive MMS that I send. How do I reset APN settings?

Have you tried resetting your APN settings?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I keep going back to an AOSP Rom but I always come back to a G3 because I'm really digging some of the new bells and whistles

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord