Galaxy gear smart watch worth it?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Das the watch is going for 210.00 on Tmobile. 30% off coupons available everywhere. So for the watch to be $20 cheaper then 210 this Thanksgiving is very feasible. The way you know the watch is not selling it's full potential is due to the fact you can only use with 2 devices. Small market for the Note 3 although we all might own one. Yes in another yr I'm sure Note 2/S4 will get a update from some carriers but it want be before next yr. But I'm not here to argue as I will get one when the price goes down in a couple months. If it doesn't I guess I will be wrong... Hopefully life still continues.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

tmobile not honoring the 30% off...just fyi.....
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/11/t-mobile-not-honoring-30-off-coupon-used-on-galaxy-gear/

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I want one but not at that price ($299 +tax) too.
I believe the price will be reduce for the holidays and for sure when the Galaxy Gear 2 comes out. I've try it out for a short period and also think its missing some features and functions to be at that price. Samsung already said that when the other competitors comes out to market that the Galaxy Gear 2 will and should have all the features / functions on it to blow them out of the water.

So at this time I would wait for a lower price.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
early adopter issues are always the same.....concerns over initial price, whether updates and support will be good, system stability, etc.....you either are willing to be an early adopter or not. i was on the fence after the offical reviews, but after all the actual users loving them and then getting the $120 credit from my note 3 i thought what the heck and ordered one!!

dallasfever

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I want one but not at that price ($299 +tax) too.
I believe the price will be reduce for the holidays and for sure when the Galaxy Gear 2 comes out. I've try it out for a short period and also think its missing some features and functions to be at that price. Samsung already said that when the other competitors comes out to market that the Galaxy Gear 2 will and should have all the features / functions on it to blow them out of the water.

So at this time I would wait for a lower price.

Glad someone else agrees. 🙊

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
early adopter issues are always the same.....concerns over initial price, whether updates and support will be good, system stability, etc.....you either are willing to be an early adopter or not. i was on the fence after the offical reviews, but after all the actual users loving them and then getting the $120 credit from my note 3 i thought what the heck and ordered one!!
How are you getting a $120 credit from your Note 3?!?
That might be a game changer and the price break to get one.;)

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I really like my Gear. I was hesitant after reading all the mediocre reviews. I find it to be quite useful as it is out of the box. To me any software tweaks or new apps will just be icing on the cake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If I did need to be connected & have constant communication like you do, it might add more value : ) Gear is not for everybody. Glad your loving it & it seems to suit you very nicely!

Cheers, Jon
How can you say "not much value there" if you don't actually own one?

Despite what the so called professional reviewers say, you should check out the Gear forums or other threads on this forum and read the comments of those who actually have the device.

I paid $299 for mine and the value is more than there. The ability to read email, read and respond to text, make and receive phone calls, take photos and short videos, and even be notified of traffic conditions and FB post all without ever picking up your phone is quite a value.

All this in a stylish and professional package with amazing battery life makes the GG one of the best values of the year.

Here are of just a few of the pictures taken with the Gear

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
How are you getting a $120 credit from your Note 3?!?
That might be a game changer and the price break to get one.;)

i preordered the note 3 and missed out on the verizon30 online code, so i called verizon and got a super awesome csr in the billing department who credited my account the $90 and then pushed my luck and asked nicely to be credited the upgrade/activation fee to, $30, which she also did. check the forum for verizon30 threads....lots of people were able to get the credit. took forever on the phone but in the end it was worth it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I thought the Gear was nifty but for $300 I could get a 32GB Nexus 7 and a case for it...so I returned the Gear and got the Nexus 7. I may pick up another Gear at some point if I end up missing it.

from my '14 Note 10.1

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought the Gear was nifty but for $300 I could get a 32GB Nexus 7 and a case for it...so I returned the Gear and got the Nexus 7. I may pick up another Gear at some point if I end up missing it.

from my '14 Note 10.1

Awww, I'm sad to see that you left the Gear family. We will welcome you back soon though, I hope! :'(

RealRyhailey

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I got after a very long trip at best buy. It's amazing how they can make such an easy task so complicated. But as of right now I am loving it and have no regrets. I got the gray one.

Tappin on the Note 3 via TapTalk

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I got after a very long trip at best buy. It's amazing how they can make such an easy task so complicated. But as of right now I am loving it and have no regrets. I got the gray one.

thats the color i wanted and couldn't find anywhere, had to order it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I got my note 3 for $90 and was considering the gg, which would be $225 with corporate discount from Verizon. But saw it in store and still a bit iffy on it.

How is it reading say 10 emails on the gg? Can you click on hyperlinks and take you to the browser?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my note 3 for $90 and was considering the gg, which would be $225 with corporate discount from Verizon. But saw it in store and still a bit iffy on it.

How is it reading say 10 emails on the gg? Can you click on hyperlinks and take you to the browser?

haven't gotten mine yet.... so i've got nothing :) i'm assuming the heavy lifting will still be done by the phone....

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
After reading many reviews, I have decided not to get one. The main problem I saw with the Galaxy Gear is that the battery life absolutely sucks. It gets about a day's worth of use with heavy usage. And the charger it comes with is cheap and awkward.

If Samsung gives them away for free, I may use it. I will not pay $299 for it.

RealRyhailey

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Would you really want/need to read 10 emails if you GN3 is right in your pocket? The GG isn't there to eliminate the need of your GN3 it's just there to assist on quick tasks and somewhat hands free tasks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Would you really want/need to read 10 emails if you GN3 is right in your pocket? The GG isn't there to eliminate the need of your GN3 it's just there to assist on quick tasks and somewhat hands free tasks.

That's kind of my thing. I get lots of email a day(easily over 100), so I am not sure that it would be practical for me to use the gg to check email, which is what I mainly wanted it for.

RealRyhailey

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
That's kind of my thing. I get lots of email a day(easily over 100), so I am not sure that it would be practical for me to use the gg to check email, which is what I mainly wanted it for.

It absolutely is not practical to try to read 100+ emails a 1.6 inch display. I would think that's what you got the GN3 for.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz