Release Date|NA|NA
LTE|Yes|Yes
Contract Price|unknown|$299
Off Contract|unknown|unknown
Dimensions|5.33 x 2.67 x ?|5.14 x 2.71 x 0.28
Weight|4.76 oz.|4.48 oz.
OS|Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)|Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
UI|Stock Android|Motoblur
Processor & GPU|TI OMAP 4430 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A9|TI OMAP4460 1.2GHz Dual-core with PowerVR SGX 540 GPU
RAM|1GB|1GB
Internal Storage|16GB or 32GB option|16GB
External Storage|Unknown|16GB MicroSD included/expandable to 32GB
Display Type|Super AMOLED HD|Super AMOLED Advanced qHD
Screen Dimensions|4.6" (4.3 usable & .3 reserved for buttons)|4.3"
Screen Resolution|1280x720 (1184 useable by apps & 96 reserved for buttons)|960x540
Pixel Density|326 dpi|240 dpi
Video Recording/Playback|1080p|1080p
Video Recording Framerate|unknown|120 fps @ 480p, 30 fps
Video Playback Framerate|unknown|30 fps
Loudspeaker|mono|mono
Rear Camera|5 MP|8 MP
Front Facing Camera|1.3 MP|1.3 MP
Battery|1750 mAh|1780 mAh
Removable Battery|unknown|No
Notification Light|unknown|Tricolor
Ambient Light Sensor|unknown|Yes
NFC|Yes|No
Barometer|Yes|No
Wi-Fi|b/g/n|b/g/n
Bluetooth|3.0|4.0
Screen Material|Unknown|Gorilla Glass
Body Material|Plastic|water repellant KEVLAR fiber

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
No razr is same procesure as galaxy nexus also razr will have more storage 32+16 verse 32gb no SD card on nexus. So what we have only advantage in nexus is unlocked bootlooder and ics. To me moto quility thinness and software beat nexus.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
No razr is same procesure as galaxy nexus also razr will have more storage 32+16 verse 32gb no SD card on nexus. So what we have only advantage in nexus is unlocked bootlooder and ics. To me moto quility thinness and software beat nexus.

Apparently that report got debunked by Motorola, and it has been supposedly confirmed that the processor is the 4430

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
no nfc for the razr huh..

The storage doesn't bother me because of cloud storage.

razr has the 4430 vs the 4460..

hmm..

NFC will not see widespread use until 2-3 years from today. Meanwhile BT 4.x is the alternative near range spec that might compete with NFC to transmit transaction data. Both iPhone and RAZR support BT 4.0.

Until we have a teardown of both phones we will not be certain if the RAZR has a 4430 or 4460. The only advantage of the 4460 would be a higher clocked GPU but otherwise there is not much difference..

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
For those comparing, does the screen size play any significant factor? For me, 4.65 is just way too much screen to handle. I don't think that is easily pocketable for myself, which automatically eliminates the Nexus (as much as I want it)

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For those comparing, does the screen size play any significant factor? For me, 4.65 is just way too much screen to handle. I don't think that is easily pocketable for myself, which automatically eliminates the Nexus (as much as I want it)

I would think the full size of the phone would be more important than the screen size if you're looking for something on the small side. As long as you're not talking a device that can't comfortably fit in one hand, I think it's ok. The bezel on the Galaxy Nexus is supposedly quite small. According to the chart in the op, the dimensions are:
GN 5.33 x 2.67 vs.
DR 5.14 x 2.71
So, the Razr is actually a little fatter and the Galaxy Nexus is a bit taller. Neither of those dimension differences would sway my opinion one way or another.

Last edited:

Nothing2Lose

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
NFC will not see widespread use until 2-3 years from today. Meanwhile BT 4.x is the alternative near range spec that might compete with NFC to transmit transaction data. Both iPhone and RAZR support BT 4.0.

Until we have a teardown of both phones we will not be certain if the RAZR has a 4430 or 4460. The only advantage of the 4460 would be a higher clocked GPU but otherwise there is not much difference..

A lot of the places I shop at already have NFC support. Also, I spend a lot of time in NYC and you can check at all the locations that already support google wallet. Haven't read up on BT4.0. Will do that.

Last edited:

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
The pixels and pixel density on the GN seems like a huge win over the DR. But the thinness, weight, and Gorilla Glass are huge on the DR side, IMHO.

I'm thinking they're both winners, and I don't know if I'll see the day when I get a new phone and within a month I'm smacking myself in the forehead drooling over the "next one". ;)

Would love to see the "unknown" parts of the table (especially, of course, the release date) to be filled-in before I had to make a decision.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about the 4430 mistake. Putting the tables together is a little tough and mistakes are easy to make. This is actually what I have to type in to get what you see above:

VZW Nexus specs are not fully known and may not account for LTE variances

[table=head;width=100em][LEFT]Feature[/LEFT]
|[LEFT]Verizon Galaxy Nexus[/LEFT]
|[left]Droid Razr[/left]

Release Date|NA|NA
LTE|Yes|Yes
Contract Price|unknown|$299
Off Contract|unknown|unknown
Dimensions|5.33 x 2.67 x ?|5.14 x 2.71 x 0.28
Weight|4.76 oz.|4.48 oz.
OS|Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)|Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
UI|Stock Android|Motoblur
Processor & GPU|TI OMAP 4430 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A9|TI OMAP4460 1.2GHz Dual-core with PowerVR SGX 540 GPU
RAM|1GB|1GB
Internal Storage|16GB or 32GB option|16GB
External Storage|Unknown|16GB MicroSD included/expandable to 32GB
Display Type|Super AMOLED HD|Super AMOLED Advanced qHD
Screen Dimensions|4.6" (4.3 usable & .3 reserved for buttons)|4.3"
Screen Resolution|1280x720 (1184 useable by apps & 96 reserved for buttons)|960x540
Pixel Density|326 dpi|240 dpi
Video Recording/Playback|1080p|1080p
Video Recording Framerate|unknown|120 fps @ 480p, 30 fps
Video Playback Framerate|unknown|30 fps
Loudspeaker|mono|mono
Rear Camera|5 MP|8 MP
Front Facing Camera|1.3 MP|1.3 MP
Battery|1750 mAh|1780 mAh
Removable Battery|unknown|No
Notification Light|unknown|Tricolor
Ambient Light Sensor|unknown|Yes
NFC|Yes|No
Barometer|Yes|No
Wi-Fi|b/g/n|b/g/n
Bluetooth|3.0|4.0
Screen Material|Unknown|Gorilla Glass
Body Material|Plastic|water repellant KEVLAR fiber
[/table][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B]

I think the rest is correct, but if there's something else you see wrong, just let me know.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
what bothers me is the non-removeable battery in the Razr, I know I had to get the larger battery for my Bionic because using 4g the thing eats up the battery, I dont see how the razr is going to use less juice...

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Eventhough I love my Bionic..If had to choose ..No bloatware, would make me lean towards the Nexus, but I also heard that you'll be able to remove it with ICS anyway so that would put me back at square 1. I really can't wait too see how the non-removable battery performs, I have an extended on my Bionic and if your like me and don't like to limit your phones capabilities it kills it with in a day.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't stream music or movies so I'm content to turn off 4G on my phone until I need it so the removable battery shouldn't be an issue for me unless it turns out that there is no way to reset the phone in case it freezes up. While I do like the idea of having ICS out of the box, I think the RAZR's smaller form factor will be enough to convince me to purchase it, plus Motorola has said that it'll be updated to ICS in early 2012.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
this pure google is more hype then substance...I also have the xoom and it is "pure google" and so on, it also has bloatware that I cannot get rid of, between the "google experience" of my xoom and my bionic, not much difference.

Eventhough I love my Bionic..If had to choose ..No bloatware, would make me lean towards the Nexus, but I also heard that you'll be able to remove it with ICS anyway so that would put me back at square 1. I really can't wait too see how the non-removable battery performs, I have an extended on my Bionic and if your like me and don't like to limit your phones capabilities it kills it with in a day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards