Galaxy Nexus suddenly slow

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I don't know what happened recently but my galaxy nexus has suddenly become very slow especially using the search and search by voice function. Everything lags. I am on 4.2.2.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So I don't know what happened recently but my galaxy nexus has suddenly become very slow especially using the search and search by voice function. Everything lags. I am on 4.2.2.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
1st step would be to see if you get the 4.3 update(this improved performance on my Nexus 4)
2nd would be uninstalling any recent apps.
3rd is to just wipe it and hope for the best.

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
1st step would be to see if you get the 4.3 update(this improved performance on my Nexus 4)
2nd would be uninstalling any recent apps.
3rd is to just wipe it and hope for the best.

He hasn't received 4.3 yet, he's on Verizon.

If you are feeling adventurous though, there are 4.3 based ROMs over on xda for you that should work like a charm. A clean install (wiping data/cache, dalvik) would be needed for most of them.
I also second the uninstalling recent apps or factory reset plan.

Posted via Android Central App on Manta Ray

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry don't live in the US, carriers are allowed to hold up updates for Nexi devices?

Posted via Android Central App

The Verizon (and the Sprint) Galaxy Nexus aren't true Nexus devices in the sense that the updates don't come straight from Google. Those two carriers use CDMA instead of GSM, so they rule their networks with an iron fist.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick