Galaxy Note 10+ making notification sound without notification and on vibrate

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Right after updating my note 10+ on 04/12/22 with the new update my phones been making this weird notification sound even though it's on vibrate every few hours. I've checked my notification history and checked every app but nothing shows where it's coming from. Has anyone else have this issue and if it's fixable?

bklynpete22

May 1, 2022
Visit site
So i think i found what the problem is. It showed up today on nice catch. It's under ringer mode history, it says "(AS.AudioService.checkforRingerModeChange)". Anyone have an idea how to fix that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Do Not Disturb scheduled to turn on for any particular criteria? It'd be odd for this to be related to DND, but if it corresponds to when DND is triggered, maybe there's some glitch that's causing a notification tone to fire.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does your volume button ever act wonky? If it's inadvertently being pressed (like from a poorly fitting case), or if the button itself is detecting a false press, then maybe it's triggering some kind of change in the ringer volume, and that causes a tone to occur?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In that mode you can still call,text,web browser just no 3rd party apps , one more thing to try long press chrome icon then tap info>notification and turn off see if still get that sound, make sure NFC off also